By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (OUT NOW!) GT Sport free December Update - 12 new cars, offline singleplayer GT League, Livery Editor

konkari said:

This is good support from PD. GTS is the best car sim ever, simply because it nails down the sense of driving so well. 

Just waiting for December update before buying it.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
konkari said:

This is good support from PD. GTS is the best car sim ever, simply because it nails down the sense of driving so well. 

Buy now, you'll have a lot of thing to do before the update comes in, unless you want to start playing from behind when the content arrives.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Yes the penalties are very easy to shave off if made on the start...and yes erratic is easy to pass, but unless you put distance fast they can ram your back in the next corner (I've done Interlagos and Maggiore always looking for the time against the 2nd place to avoid any risk of him ramming me).

On the start up, on maggiore for some reason the guys in front didn't hit gas and I just gushed out in front of then. And I may be wrong but they also ghosted out.

Which is also a plus racing the people in the back, easy to put distance on them. While with 'better' drivers they'll stick behind you and force themselves on the inside of you taking the corner cut time penalty while gently pushing you aside. What can you do about that except cut the corner yourself? Plus you still get the SR downrating as well when they hit you while cutting the corner.

Indeed while racing I always watch the time to the person behind me, if it's less than 0.4 then I start adjusting my cornering not to get bumped. The game is just way too forgiving to people dive bombing cutting the corner while pushing you aside.

Starting is buggy, you sometimes get lucky when the people in front just got forced to brake by the auto drive and the wave doesn't hit you before the countdown ends. I've seen actual pile-ups during the start with multiple cars ghosted inside each other. That's what might have happened first guy gets slowed by autodrive, second lags into first, both ghost and slow down, you get lucky.

DonFerrari said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Buy now, you'll have a lot of thing to do before the update comes in, unless you want to start playing from behind when the content arrives.

In solo I would do what man ?

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes the penalties are very easy to shave off if made on the start...and yes erratic is easy to pass, but unless you put distance fast they can ram your back in the next corner (I've done Interlagos and Maggiore always looking for the time against the 2nd place to avoid any risk of him ramming me).

On the start up, on maggiore for some reason the guys in front didn't hit gas and I just gushed out in front of then. And I may be wrong but they also ghosted out.

Which is also a plus racing the people in the back, easy to put distance on them. While with 'better' drivers they'll stick behind you and force themselves on the inside of you taking the corner cut time penalty while gently pushing you aside. What can you do about that except cut the corner yourself? Plus you still get the SR downrating as well when they hit you while cutting the corner.

Indeed while racing I always watch the time to the person behind me, if it's less than 0.4 then I start adjusting my cornering not to get bumped. The game is just way too forgiving to people dive bombing cutting the corner while pushing you aside.

Starting is buggy, you sometimes get lucky when the people in front just got forced to brake by the auto drive and the wave doesn't hit you before the countdown ends. I've seen actual pile-ups during the start with multiple cars ghosted inside each other. That's what might have happened first guy gets slowed by autodrive, second lags into first, both ghost and slow down, you get lucky.

Yes to forgiving to bad players and punishing to good players. And normal F1 tactics like early or late breaking that you use depending on the opponent you are facing or if defending or attacking a position works on someone that will ram from behind or use you to do the corner.

I'm not sure what happened and have played little to have seem it more than once to be cetain.

WebMasterFlex said:
DonFerrari said:

In solo I would do what man ?

There is at least 20h to gold all license and challenges (I would say it probably will take 30h), and you also have the tracks lap time to gold... so there is enough to master before the championships.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

What does this have to do with GT Sport? Are you saying Polyphony designs patches and content for people who supposedly have zero interest in the game? LOL. Like I said feel free to attack the person instead of the argument but at least try to not be full of shit when you do :)

Your ‘argument’ is, that the game has not enough singleplayer content, even though it was marketed as an online game from day one.

The game STILL has over 30 races, including endurance races plus a more flexible and extensive arcade and custom race mode than ever. You complain about the game being what it was announced to be. The game is not as short on content as you make it out to be, it’s just differently organised as it was in earlier games. There are easily 20-40 hours in singleplayer already.

That said PD has STILL decided to offer a traditional GT Mode style career as an update next month! I’m sure people will still find something else to complain about, especially the ones not owning the game...or even the console.

I have about 20h and still need to clear stage 7 and 8 plus the time trials

DonFerrari said:

Yes to forgiving to bad players and punishing to good players. And normal F1 tactics like early or late breaking that you use depending on the opponent you are facing or if defending or attacking a position works on someone that will ram from behind or use you to do the corner.

I'm not sure what happened and have played little to have seem it more than once to be cetain.

I guess you mean doesn't work :p

Brake early to cling to the inside of the corner and they'll either hit you from behind or hit you at the apex following the driving line with total disregard of your car, or squeeze by half off track on the inside using you as a guide rail. Brake late is more dangerous as it will be much easier to go off track when they hit you. When someone is behind me I usually flash my brake lights first before applying the brakes fully. When I'm behind a unpredictable player I let go of the gas early to get a bit of distance in case they suddenly brake hard. I also suspect the brake lights sometimes lag.

Yet you also meet good players that you can drive side by side with in corners without issues and take measures to avoid hitting you. Those races make it all worth it.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

I guess you mean doesn't work :p

Brake early to cling to the inside of the corner and they'll either hit you from behind or hit you at the apex following the driving line with total disregard of your car, or squeeze by half off track on the inside using you as a guide rail. Brake late is more dangerous as it will be much easier to go off track when they hit you. When someone is behind me I usually flash my brake lights first before applying the brakes fully. When I'm behind a unpredictable player I let go of the gas early to get a bit of distance in case they suddenly brake hard. I also suspect the brake lights sometimes lag.

Yet you also meet good players that you can drive side by side with in corners without issues and take measures to avoid hitting you. Those races make it all worth it.

yes, the right techs doesn't work.

Well late brake is dangerous, but if you do it right, that will make the guy ramming on your tail or side a little harder.

I still can't understand why people enter the mp version of the game to do this... they can do all the crashing gallore they want on the SP content so why go there and tarnish other people fun?

Owww yesterday I raised my sportmanship to B, but my driver is still D. And won my first race on the official version on a strange way of everyone doing more pits than necessary, ended up 20s ahead.

DonFerrari said:

I still can't understand why people enter the mp version of the game to do this... they can do all the crashing gallore they want on the SP content so why go there and tarnish other people fun?

Sadley, some people get a satisfaction out of doing this to real people. I work with some people that only play online games for this very reason. Then they get on me all the time about how I should do more online multiplayer, and they would love if I would join them. Ironic, yeah, great idea, I would love to play with the people that turn me off from online gaming in the first place.

Beyond that. I hopped back in to drive around the Cobra in VR. Tons of fun. Looking forward to the F40 and the F150. Still hoping they bring the ability to custimize VR races, do VR Time Trials, and earn cash in VR. Not looking forward to having to go back to the 4K HDR version just to earn money to drive around the cars I want to enjoy.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:

DonFerrari said:

Sadley, some people get a satisfaction out of doing this to real people. I work with some people that only play online games for this very reason. Then they get on me all the time about how I should do more online multiplayer, and they would love if I would join them. Ironic, yeah, great idea, I would love to play with the people that turn me off from online gaming in the first place.

Beyond that. I hopped back in to drive around the Cobra in VR. Tons of fun. Looking forward to the F40 and the F150. Still hoping they bring the ability to custimize VR races, do VR Time Trials, and earn cash in VR. Not looking forward to having to go back to the 4K HDR version just to earn money to drive around the cars I want to enjoy.

Yep... they bundling GTS with PSVR, having the tag on the box and all they should improve the VR unless they wanted pissed customers from the bundle.

I'm still to test VR, will first finish the SP content.

And on the MP part I fully agree with you, I hate man child even more than I don't like childish behavior on the MP games. I play to have fun not frustration.