By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (OUT NOW!) GT Sport free December Update - 12 new cars, offline singleplayer GT League, Livery Editor

DonFerrari said:
WebMasterFlex said:

He is funny tho.

Never found him to be funny... unless we are saying it's funny how he dismiss and talk smack about almost all Sony IPs but say himself to be unbiased because he have the system.

That's what I meant. This board lacks an ignore feature for member like him.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
DonFerrari said:

Never found him to be funny... unless we are saying it's funny how he dismiss and talk smack about almost all Sony IPs but say himself to be unbiased because he have the system.

what would be the funny in that?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RJ_Sizzle said:
Replicant said:

It should've launched with this but still nice though.

This line should be the slogan of this generation. 

Indeed.

DonFerrari said:
WebMasterFlex said:

what would be the funny in that?

Haters like him are funny.

Errorist76 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Didn’t notice this quote before. If you’re not into racing online then the game certainly doesn’t compare to other modern racers in terms of content, let alone past GT titles. Furthermore the issue at launch wasn’t only the lack of SP content, but what SP content was actually there. They’re license challenges. Time attack missions. Driving etiquette lessons, LOL. This is supposed to replace actual SP content? 

Also your notion that people should have just built their own cups and festivals using custom races is probably the most hilarious example of excusing a games shortcomings I have ever seen on this forum. The only thing I can think of that would be remotely comparable is if there were a Halo 5 thread where someone was voicing a legitimate beef, like lack of split screen co-op, and someone replied saying they could just set up four Xbones and four TVs and play through the campaign at the same time and make believe it was split screen. That’s how silly what you said is. In past games the cups and festivals in GT have been used to progress through the game, unlock new cars, unlock more license tests, unlock more upgrades, earn money for said upgrades. In Sport you just play license challenges over and over, and the arcade mode is just there in case the servers go down basically. You don’t earn progression aside from maybe miles driven so you can level up your car.

Im glad you enjoy the game, but don’t be so dismissive of legitimate complaints, especially when they’re literally being addressed by the developers, confirming their validity.

You write an essay on here without having even played the game. If you had, you’d know that there are over 30 races in the (old) SP campaign, not just license tests. Even two endurance races. Plus the new progression system now makes the whole game (including online and offline) your personal career. You call Sport mode playing license tests...No need to even respond to that dribble. Same with your untrue statement about progression in arcade or custom race mode. Your signature clearly shows which is your true problem here. 

I feel sorry for you if you consider that an essay, LOL. And yeah, I’ve seen the list of what is in Mission Challenge, I’m aware it’s got quite a few 1-3 lap races in there. Are these supposed to replace a traditional (real) career mode? How the game ties your online and offline career into one is irrelevant to me. I wouldn’t play the game online, so who gives a crap. The Sport mode is a collection of license tests... you’re literally doing one off challenges and trials and missions in order to get a license. Please continue your semantics though.

Ive always been a huge GT fan. But if you need to tell yourself I have these issues because of my sig, go ahead. I mean, it’s not as if Polyphony is beginning to add features to appease people like me or anything. Oh wait that’s literally why this thread exists. If if makes you feel any better I haven’t bought Forza either, can’t support that franchise with its shitty DLC practices and loot box shenanigans :)

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
WebMasterFlex said:

He is funny tho.

Well, that’s horse shit.

I only discuss games I have interest in. There are loads of Sony threads for games I have no posts in because I’m not interested in the games. If you’re going to use ad hominem at least come correct. Hope that helps :)

trasharmdsister12 said:

DonFerrari said: 

Well, this time the SP content is smaller so you won't use so much of your time if you are a good pilot.

What I meant by "big, meaty sim racer" is that even if the number of cars/tracks are low, a lot time can be spent  on perfecting particular tracks with cars. I'll hold off until I'm done more of my backlog and a few more updates roll in I think. Still... can't wait to see this on my OLED.

I'll say it is worthy it (put over 20h only this weekend using the wheel) and if you are used to sim, then you can push your perfection a lot faster (at least my impression on GTS is I took a lot less to master each license and challenge than on previous one, also the intermediate difficult lessons were harder than the first International license).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, that’s horse shit.

I only discuss games I have interest in. There are loads of Sony threads for games I have no posts in because I’m not interested in the games. If you’re going to use ad hominem at least come correct. Hope that helps :)

Yes sure... you never enter threads of Sony games to talk bad about them... how could I ever imagine this. Oww I know, must be because more often than not you are doing that.

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well, that’s horse shit.

Yes sure... you never enter threads of Sony games to talk bad about them... how could I ever imagine this. Oww I know, must be because more often than not you are doing that.

What does this have to do with GT Sport? Are you saying Polyphony designs patches and content for people who supposedly have zero interest in the game? LOL. Like I said feel free to attack the person instead of the argument but at least try to not be full of shit when you do :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

What does this have to do with GT Sport? Are you saying Polyphony designs patches and content for people who supposedly have zero interest in the game? LOL. Like I said feel free to attack the person instead of the argument but at least try to not be full of shit when you do :)

yeah, go and shift the goal... pretend you don't generally talk bad about Sony IPs...

And where did I disagree that some people weren't satisfied with what GTS had to offer and the PD could have made the changes to make they happy (because it also could be just planned to be like this)