By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Square Enix on Switch: ‘We want to proactively create new IP and reboot past titles'

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
FF XV and KH3 please

I want this to happen just to see how it'd be handled. Doom required some relatively aggressive compromises, and FF15 has 2 - 3 times less performance wiggle room than Doom had. It'd be interesting to see if they'd need to make any active design changes, or how they'd handle the dynamic animation system, etc.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (lol), Terranigma/Soul blazer trilogy, Act Raiser, EvO Search For Eden (l0l), Dragon Quest V/VI..

Watch them release Final Fantasy V and VI Mobile versions ;)

Oh how many times I’ve dream about that :( 

Bring it Square!!!

JEMC said:

"We base our development resource allocations on the unique attributes of each platform. In particular, Nintendo Switch makes it easier for us to leverage our back catalog of assets and expertise, so we want to be proactive in creating new IP and rebooting past titles for that platform."

That part makes me wonder if they're talking about PS360 assets, like launching last gen ports to Switch or making use of last gen engines to make Switch games.

They definitely thinking to bring some tiles to Switch from last gen also.

Miyamotoo said:
JEMC said:

"We base our development resource allocations on the unique attributes of each platform. In particular, Nintendo Switch makes it easier for us to leverage our back catalog of assets and expertise, so we want to be proactive in creating new IP and rebooting past titles for that platform."

That part makes me wonder if they're talking about PS360 assets, like launching last gen ports to Switch or making use of last gen engines to make Switch games.

In that case, I hope they work a little bit on them because straight ports will look bad on Switch, and they won't sell all that well.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (lol), Terranigma/Soul blazer trilogy, Act Raiser, EvO Search For Eden (l0l), Dragon Quest V/VI..

Watch them release Final Fantasy V and VI Mobile versions ;)

I'm hoping for a PS4 release of those games :(

PAOerfulone said:

'reboot past titles'

Hmmmm...

...Naaahhhh.

This is what came to mind when I rad the title, make it happen Square Enix!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Square if you bring back the Chrono franchise, I will be eternally greatful!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

JEMC said:
Miyamotoo said:

In that case, I hope they work a little bit on them because straight ports will look bad on Switch, and they won't sell all that well.

We already seeing how ports/remasters from last gen are improved for Switch, going from Skyrim, LA Noire, Minecraft, RE Revelations...all have better resolution and better or higher frame rate, or better visuals.

The funny thing about this is that they're already doing this.

Their new IP are whatever Tokyo RPG Factory is working with and the really promising Project Octopath Traveler. As for past titles, they've already released a quick-n-dirty collection. They've also brought over some of their back catalog from other platforms.

Look, if I'm being positive, it's because I am hoping for a Final Fantasy VI remake using the Octopath Traveller engine.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3