By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK software sales - November 12th - November 18th, 2017

Glad to see Battlefront 2 down. Hopefully this convinces EA to try to entice their customers more next time.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Doom is definitely doomed on Switch, it has no legs. It'll probably end up 5% of PS4X1 sales, which I doubt is cause for celebration at Bethesda. Skyrim not too hot, Rime did even worse. Not a super week for Switch 3rd parties again. Gear Club next week I think, it will be the last test of 2017.

Amazed that GT Sport is holding > Forza7. GTS is arguably weaker this year and Forza should be pushed by XBX.

You dont look at same day releases? How do you feel about LA Noire split? Not gonna comment there but instead on a late port lmao

ryuzaki57 said:
Doom is definitely doomed on Switch, it has no legs. It'll probably end up 5% of PS4X1 sales, which I doubt is cause for celebration at Bethesda. Skyrim not too hot, Rime did even worse. Not a super week for Switch 3rd parties again. Gear Club next week I think, it will be the last test of 2017.

Amazed that GT Sport is holding > Forza7. GTS is arguably weaker this year and Forza should be pushed by XBX.

To be fair it depends on how well it does in North America

torok said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's dreadful. Accounting for the digital rise that still has to be down on the original.

Yes, even  a sharp increase on digital sales would probably not even manage to decrease the gap to 40%. I also do hope BF2 has the same legs of BF1 (that means, sales fall from a cliff after the Star Wars film hype ends).

It will still sell good numbers, but if it loses 4 or 5 million sales when compared to BF1, it could mean that adding loot boxes can't offset the decrease in the profit from game sales itself.

On a side note, I've read that the decision to remove the microtransactions wasn't from EA, but a demand from Disney. They are usually quite protective of their IPs and we also had reports confirming this behavior from the guys from Visceral, saying that when you do a Star Wars game everything has to go through Disney's executives since they want to check if someone will screw the IP.

And to finish the problem, we also have the Belgium government considering rule loot boxes as gambling, which would basically screw every game using it.

Haha Disney are going to kick EA's ass over this.  

A developer like Geurilla under Sony would give the IP the respect it deserves. 

torok said:
Kerotan said:

I've said it all along but this is a glorified prologue. I'm almost certain they're developing a GT7. It will probably release on ps4 in its last year and then they will upgrade it for the ps5.

At least with the prologue you do know it's just a paid demo. It also was 40 bucks. And it also released much earlier in the lifecycle of PS3 and PS2. Having a real GT game only close to PS5 would be pathetic, specially because the other gen would arrive and even a PS5 remaster would look unimpressive.

Polyphony used to stand for its excellency. Now they stand out for not being able to release games and for poor critical reception. I'm a huge, huge fan and seeing they walking towards a slow and painful demise is heartbreaking.

Agreed. The problem was they developed GT6 for ps3 only when it should have been remastered on ps4 aswell. 

battlefront 2 getting shit on. FeelsGoodMan

Around the Network

to be honest, i don't get the battlefront 2 hate, I feel that it is way too harsh for a game with spectacular visuals, a serviceable campaign and lots of multiplayer content (come on, galactic assault is awesome). sure the pay to win angle isn't good but it's not like the game will be unbalanced to the point it makes the game unplayable. the weapons will more or less have some sort of balance. loot boxes are a staple of triple-A gaming and I've come to accept it, if it isn't ok for EA to do it then it isn't ok for anyone else. COD has supply drops and I'm not complaining and neither is the gaming community. I honestly couldn't care less about microtransactions because in the end it is a choice and doesn't hinder my own experience. I have only played the beta so maybe I don't know the full extent of the pay to win debacle but the hate is strong and to me, it feels unfounded and way too cruel.

So happy for L.A. Noire. Not so for DOOM on the Switch. Then again, it is a blurry, stuttering mess.

tbone51 said:  You dont look at same day releases? How do you feel about LA Noire split? Not gonna comment there but instead on a late port lmao

Same story as Doom : if you consider the original LA Noire and the Remaster, Switch version sales represent a tiny part of the total LA Noire LTD.  LA Noire is a late port too, after all.

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:  You dont look at same day releases? How do you feel about LA Noire split? Not gonna comment there but instead on a late port lmao

Same story as Doom : if you consider the original LA Noire and the Remaster, Switch version sales represent a tiny part of the total LA Noire LTD.  LA Noire is a late port too, after all.

I wish you werent acting like you dont have a clue about this. If it werent about nintendo maybe you have a clearer mind on the subject?

Im talking the splits with the remaster (ps4/x1/switch)

There is also sonic forces from last week that you ignored (purposely)

torok said:
bananaking21 said:

its at number 12 guys

That's an absolutely poor performance. Maybe this will make Sony wonder if there's something wrong with Polyphony. Or at least it could show them that people want a real GT7, preferably before PS5 launches.

It has been 4 freaking years after GT6 and the best they can come up with is an always-online spin-off with no real single player content.

Thats simply a lie...the game has plenty of single player content, it’s just differently organised. Don’t parrot all those 1star ratings on Amazon that are mostly from people who didn’t even play the game.

It’s really sad this great game became victim to a huge unjustified shit storm, just because people didn’t inform themselves about the game and expected something different. It’s actually a sad example of how internet hate dynamics work these days, it’s disrespectful and disgusting.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 20 November 2017