By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2017 Year of Sexual Harassment

VGPolyglot said:
Qwark said:
Sincere question here, is it so hard to keep it in your pants and not garras woman. I am pretty much asexual so I wouldn't know. Seems like males (and females) need to be taught they can only touch another with the out spoken consent of the other party. If not keep your grabby paws to yourself. Is it so fucking hard to do just that. Sure it kills spontaneous reactions, but it also prevents unwanted sexual harassment. I think the latter is more important than the first one.

No, it's not hard, it's pretty easy to not sexually harass women.

In that case every male who does harras woman should be chemically castrated for 3 months. Every man that rapes a child should be thrown in a north Korean jail.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Sincere question here, is it so hard to keep it in your pants and not harras woman. I am pretty much asexual so I wouldn't know. Seems like some males (and some females) need to be taught they can only touch another with the out spoken consent of the other party. If not keep your grabby paws to yourself. Is it so fucking hard to do just that. Sure it kills spontaneous reactions, but it also prevents unwanted sexual harassment. I think the latter is more important than the first one.

"Seems like some males (and some females) need to be taught they can only touch another with the out spoken consent of the other party. "

this is not how sexual interaction works at all, its generally based on body language and can be ambiguous

"I am pretty much asexual so I wouldn't know"

if by your own admission you do not know, why try to give unrealistic guidelines?

o_O.Q said:
Qwark said:

Sincere question here, is it so hard to keep it in your pants and not harras woman. I am pretty much asexual so I wouldn't know. Seems like some males (and some females) need to be taught they can only touch another with the out spoken consent of the other party. If not keep your grabby paws to yourself. Is it so fucking hard to do just that. Sure it kills spontaneous reactions, but it also prevents unwanted sexual harassment. I think the latter is more important than the first one.

"Seems like some males (and some females) need to be taught they can only touch another with the out spoken consent of the other party. "

this is not how sexual interaction works at all, its generally based on body language and can be ambiguous

if by your own admission you do not know, why try to give unrealistic guidelines?

Yea usually how my sexual interactions work sometimes.  Sure there might be a conversation but body language plays a huge role in sexual interactions.  I think the problem is some people are terrible at reading body language and think something is there when in reality they misread the other persons body language.  Then you just have fools that don't give a shit and grab them by the pussy.

sethnintendo said:
o_O.Q said:

Yea usually how my sexual interactions work sometimes.  Sure there might be a conversation but body language plays a huge role in sexual interactions.  I think the problem is some people are terrible at reading body language and think something is there when in reality they misread the other persons body language.  Then you just have fools that don't give a shit and grab them by the pussy.

The best way to go about is to ask, or have a conversation before doing anything.

o_O.Q said:
Qwark said:

1 (Bolded) By definition and imperial data that doesn't work all that well. Since there are 100.000 of cases sexual harassment per year in my country which only counts 17 million people. Hell we are at a point one in seven girls in their 20's is either raped or doesn't know the exact difference between rape and sexual harassment but has certainly experienced something sexually that she did not want too. 

2 Why should an asexual person give guidelines, mostly because asexual persons don't like physical contact all that much to begin with. Or even better I simply don't like people touching me without consent, even if it is a (hot) chick. Since asexual persons like me are probably the persons who like physical contact least, whatever would work for asexual people should surely work for sexual people, to prevent harassment. Obviously asexual persons and girls in particular can also be sexually harassed. 

Last edited by Qwark - on 18 November 2017

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

The best way to go about is to ask, or have a conversation before doing anything.

I usually don't have to ask.  I already know they want interaction.  Problem is some people can't pick up on cues.  I can't remember the last time I asked... May I kiss you or may I grab your ass.  Maybe when I was in high school.

sethnintendo said:
VGPolyglot said:

I usually don't have to ask.  I already know they want interaction.  Problem is some people can't pick up on cues.  I can't remember the last time I asked... May I kiss you or may I grab your ass.  Maybe when I was in high school.

But then you can into a situation where you misread them. What is the harm in asking anyway? If they want you to do it, they'll say yes.

The Sly Stallone report hit me pretty hard. I thought he was a stand up dude. Anyway, I look at the news and the hits keep coming.

VGPolyglot said:
sethnintendo said:

But then you can into a situation where you misread them. What is the harm in asking anyway? If they want you to do it, they'll say yes.

There isn't a bigger turnoff then literally asking for physical contact...

Most of the time there are no problems between people and physical interaction. This #metoo campagin, which I do take seriously, just makes it appear that people can't take a hint. If you ask me, knowing how to say no and respecting each other is the way to go, not chastising everyone out of fear.

Chrizum said:
VGPolyglot said:

There isn't a bigger turnoff then literally asking for physical contact...

Most of the time there are no problems between people and physical interaction. This #metoo campagin, which I do take seriously, just makes it appear that people can't take a hint. If you ask me, knowing how to say no and respecting each other is the way to go, not chastising everyone out of fear.

How is it a turn-off? Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone asked permission before doing something to you?