By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Software Adjustments Thread

Machina said: 

That list features several hundred games, across several countries, and by the time I've completed it I'll have made tens of thousands of individual adjustments, and that's just for this generation and the period of crossover with last generation (a self-imposed cut-off).

May the number gods have mercy on your soul Machina You're taking on one hell of a project here.

As a side note - I'm not really sure where to post this (especially since this isn't the place for requests at all right now), but it's partly on-topic so i figure i'll post it here so i can easily bring it up in other places at a later date: Do you think it would eventually be worth adding an official tab of some kind? It'd not only expand the information available on VGC, but once you're done with the current adjustments it'd make it easier for users to track official figures and give adjustment suggestions. I've attached an example so there's no confusion as to what i mean.

That aside, good luck with the adjustments! It's nice seeing the VGC engines going full throttle again, especially at a relatively interesting point in the gaming market's life. I look forward to seeing everything come together.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

Machina said: 

That list features several hundred games, across several countries, and by the time I've completed it I'll have made tens of thousands of individual adjustments, and that's just for this generation and the period of crossover with last generation (a self-imposed cut-off).

May the number gods have mercy on your soul Machina You're taking on one hell of a project here.

As a side note - I'm not really sure where to post this (especially since this isn't the place for requests at all right now), but it's partly on-topic so i figure i'll post it here so i can easily bring it up in other places at a later date: Do you think it would eventually be worth adding an official tab of some kind? It'd not only expand the information available on VGC, but once you're done with the current adjustments it'd make it easier for users to track official figures and give adjustment suggestions. I've attached an example so there's no confusion as to what i mean.

That aside, good luck with the adjustments! It's nice seeing the VGC engines going full throttle again, especially at a relatively interesting point in the gaming market's life. I look forward to seeing everything come together.

Yeah that is a very good idea. We were discussing this on staff Discord earlier, talking about how with digital share constantly increasing the retail figures look more and more out of line with shipments, even when they're a good reflection of actual retail sales. Since tracking digital sales for consoles is so difficult a potential solution is to have a section on game pages dedicated to official shipment data.

I'll run it by some of the other staff, see what they think and get them to throw around some ideas.

Last edited by Machina - on 24 November 2017

I am really looking forward for the adjustments. Just take your time and dont overwork yourself.

Machina, I can only say this: Good luck and take it easy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Congrats and good work Machina.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This week's adjustments. All changes are for Germany and untracked European countries unless otherwise stated:

Increases:
NHL 18 (PS4)
NHL 18 (Xone)
The Last of Us (PS3)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
Crysis 3 (PS3)
Crysis 3 (PC)
Watch Dogs (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Minecraft (PS3)
Knack 2 (PS4)
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition (Xone - US)
ARK: Survival Evolved (PS4 - US)
ARK: Survival Evolved (Xone - US)
LEGO Worlds (NS – US)
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (NS – US)
Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (NS – US)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4 – US)
Injustice 2 (PS4 - US)
Injustice 2 (Xone – US)
For Honor (PS4 - US)
For Honor (Xone - US)
NBA 2K18 (PS4 - US)
NBA 2K18 (Xone - US)
Rayman Legends (NS – UK & Europe)
Mario Kart 8 (NS – UK & Europe) – just adding some bundles we hadn’t counted in to UK and other Europe, fully expect it’ll need further adjustments when I get to other countries
F1 2017 (PS4 – UK & Europe)
F1 2017 (Xone – UK & Europe)
Crash Trilogy (PS4 – UK & Europe) – yep, was undertracked in Europe

Decreases:
Yakuza: Kiwami (PS4 – US) to no one’s surprise
Assassin’s Creed III (X360)
Far Cry 3 (X360)
FIFA 14 (PC)
FIFA 14 (PS4)
FIFA 14 (X360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xone)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (X360)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xone)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
Battlefield 4 (PC)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
Skylanders SWAP Force (Wii)
Total War: Rome II (PC)

Last edited by Machina - on 17 November 2017

Wow, so the N Sane Trilogy was undertracked both in Europe and the US?

Tagged

VGPolyglot said:
Wow, so the N Sane Trilogy was undertracked both in Europe and the US?

Yeah, it's doing even better than we showed. Amazing numbers for a remaster.

I think BOTW is undertracking, acording to Nintendo it should be higher