By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official Software Adjustments Thread

Is there a reason why France was singled out as the region/country to receive adjustments first?

Around the Network
Machina said:
NintendoPie said:
Is there a reason why France was singled out as the region/country to receive adjustments first?

Nope. Just felt like starting there. Germany is next, and that will take me several weeks I think.

Cool. I didn't know if France was especially off or something.

Good luck on your journey of adjustments. 

I think you already know these things but I will say anyways.

For Germany I assume you will use the BIU awards. For help with Europe as a whole be aware of the individual charts for UK/France/Switzerland/Spain and use individual studies for nordic countries like this:

http://www.dataspelsbranschen.se/media/151761/nordic_game_sales_2014.pdf

And surely many others.

Machina said: 

That list features several hundred games, across several countries, and by the time I've completed it I'll have made tens of thousands of individual adjustments, and that's just for this generation and the period of crossover with last generation (a self-imposed cut-off).

May the number gods have mercy on your soul Machina You're taking on one hell of a project here.

As a side note - I'm not really sure where to post this (especially since this isn't the place for requests at all right now), but it's partly on-topic so i figure i'll post it here so i can easily bring it up in other places at a later date: Do you think it would eventually be worth adding an official tab of some kind? It'd not only expand the information available on VGC, but once you're done with the current adjustments it'd make it easier for users to track official figures and give adjustment suggestions. I've attached an example so there's no confusion as to what i mean.

That aside, good luck with the adjustments! It's nice seeing the VGC engines going full throttle again, especially at a relatively interesting point in the gaming market's life. I look forward to seeing everything come together.

I am really looking forward for the adjustments. Just take your time and dont overwork yourself.

Around the Network

Machina, I can only say this: Good luck and take it easy.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Congrats and good work Machina.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wow, so the N Sane Trilogy was undertracked both in Europe and the US?

Tagged

I think BOTW is undertracking, acording to Nintendo it should be higher