By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Bomberman R just got a HUGE update (v2.0)

As per Facebook post from the official Bomberman page:

https://www.facebook.com/officialbomberman/posts/1628311347192048

The wait is OVER! Monster new Super Bomberman R patch is out and live today! The hype is real with:

- New World 7 Story and bosses
- Nine New Characters
- New Unlockable Pets that will keep you company
- New Playable Multiplayer Maps
- A Whole New Game Mode for 3v3 play in the Grand Prix!
- Fresh Arena style Maps

Grand Prix mode is a team versus mode that pits two teams of up to 3 players each to battle it out in different arena stages using new characters with special abilities. The Grand Prix mode includes several matches:

• "Crystal" Match – two teams compete to earn points by collecting crystals. Watch out for bombs! If you’re blown away you lose half of your crystals. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
• “Basic Bomber” Match -- two teams compete against each other using standard Bomberman rules. Each team begins with a set number of lives. To win, take out your opponents to earn the most points before the time runs out.

We have so much content, we cannot hold it all in one post!

Around the Network

Geesh, I might have to dust it off. Hard to believe Konami is behind this.

Johnw1104 said:
Geesh, I might have to dust it off. Hard to believe Konami is behind this.

Seriously. I wanted to get this game but I wasn't sure if it was worth it, but with this many updates I'll definitely get it now.

This game has a story? I might be interested in it after all...

This game was my biggest regret buy on the switch so far. Mind you I only played it for a few days right when the switch launched. The online lag/response times were unbearable and the game seems light on content. Might give it another shot.

Around the Network

Am I reading this right? Update? not DLC? so it's free right? Might get this game soon. Btw is there a classic style mode here like on the NES bomberman where it's endless?

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

shakarak said:
This game was my biggest regret buy on the switch so far. Mind you I only played it for a few days right when the switch launched. The online lag/response times were unbearable and the game seems light on content. Might give it another shot.

You definitely should. Since launch they've fixed many of the game's problems (They literally patched the game from 30 to 60fps) and also included lots of new content, with this update being the biggest one so far.

Time to play as Dracula Bomber.

This is free right? This just makes me wanna hunt down for it during Black Friday, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm honestly shocked at how much post-release effort has gone into updating this game for free. I'll have to download the update and give it a try.