By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games of 2017?

Super Mario Odyssey, is everything I could ask from a videogame, is exciting and surprises me at every turn in the world, the design, just everything.

Most importantly, every moment of the game never fails to bring a smile to my face, tho Mario has a good track record on making me happy, Odyssey just goes above and beyond with that.

Around the Network

My favorites this year so far are, in no particular order:

- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard

Currently playing Persona 5. The beginning of the game was too slow for my taste, and with the time restrictions for everything, I wasn't sure it was going to be my cup of tea. But the more I played it, the more I warmed up to it. And while it most likely won't come to the level of the 3 games above (particularly the first two), it's shaping up to take a spot on my top 5 of the year.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 November 2017

Hynad said:

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Currently playing Persona 5. The beginning of the game was too slow for my taste, and with the time restrictions for everything, I wasn't sure it was going to be my cup of tea. But the more I played it, the more I warmed up to it. And while it most likely won't come to the level of the 3 games above (particularly the first two), it's shaping up to take a spot on my top 5 of the year.

What really sold me on wanting to get Resident Evil 7 was seeing dunkey in that car scene in the garage

If there's a lot of creative sequences like that then it will probably be one of my favorite games of the year. Waiting for the December Gold Edition though.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Hynad said:

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

What really sold me on wanting to get Resident Evil 7 was seeing dunkey in that car scene in the garage

If there's a lot of creative sequences like that then it will probably be one of my favorite games of the year. Waiting for the December Gold Edition though.

Funny thing. I played the game like a month or so ago. I was waiting to get the PSVR before playing it, because a friend of mine who has the set, made me try the demo and it was very scary. At that point, I thought to myself: "This is how the full game needs to be played!".

But then time went by, and I had a lot of expenses that were more important than anything gaming related, so haven't yet bought a set. I intend to get it when I receive my bonus from work this December. But not so long ago, the game was on sale, and I just said "fuck it" and bought it. I kinda regret not having waited a little longer to experience it in VR on my first playthrough. But at that point, I had been waiting to play it for so long...

If you can experience it in VR, do so. The experience is really something else. Just ask d21lewis if you want to have better feedback, since he played it like that, went through like 3 cardiac arrests, and still couldn't stop playing it.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 November 2017

Hynad said: 

Funny thing. I played the game like a month or so ago. I was waiting to get the PSVR before playing it, because a friend of mine who has the set, made me try the demo and it was very scary. At that point, I thought to myself: "This is how the full game needs to be played!".

But then time went by, and I had a lot of expenses that were more important than anything gaming related, so haven't yet bought a set. I intend to get it when I receive my bonus from work this December. But not so long ago, the game was on sale, and I just said "fuck it" and bought it. I kinda regret not having waited a little longer to experience it in VR on my first playthrough. But at that point, I had been waiting to play it for so long...

If you can experience it in VR, do so. The experience is really something else. Just ask d21lewis if you want to have better feedback, since he played it like that, went through like 3 cardiac arrests, and still couldn't stop playing it.

This makes me sad for not owning or being able to get a PSVR But damn, maybe I can get one someday and replay it!

Around the Network

BOTW. I'll try out Persona 5 by the end of this year.

Fire Emblem Echoes

BotW is the only other 2017 game I played D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Fire Emblem Echoes

BotW is the only other 2017 game I played D:

I forgot FE:E:Valentia came out this year.

What a good year for Nintendo.

Only two 2017 games I've played have been Cuphead and The Evil Within 2. So I suppose those two since I can't even make a top three.

^ Wrong... hasn't played BotW...

My top
1. Breath of the Wild
2. Odyssey
3. Snipperclips

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"