By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games of 2017?

Hello everybody. The end of the year is coming up and it feels like everything went bye so fast. This year has been filled with some good, mostly bad, but one area that has been consistently excellent has been the gaming landscape! So many games ranging from small indie experiences to big triple A titles. I know the year isn't over yet, but we can update our feelings as we go.

As of now - what are your favorite games of 2017? What is your #1 favorite? And why?

Around the Network

Favorite game: Persona 5

Love the characters, the soundtrack is amazing, and the story, while having one weak part, and being a little ridiculous, still did a good job of telling a story that centers around the theme of prison.

Honorable mentions: Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Cuphead, Sonic Mania, Metroid Samus Returns.

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 13 November 2017

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

mZuzek said:

I can't really say because spoiling anything from my top 50 list would be criminal, so I'll instead list some of the games I could have loved and wanted to play, but never got around to or was unable to:

hm... Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Cuphead. Sonic Mania I can maybe consider because I didn't finish it, but I did play a good portion of the levels. I'm unsure about Horizon: Zero Dawn being a favorite but I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it. Crash N. Sane Trilogy would definitely be up there, but it is only a remake too... and then there's pretty much anything that released on Switch only of course.
I don't have the system yet so there goes.

You don't have a Switch? How'd you play Odyssey? 

Also not playing those games is criminal. Even if you don't end up liking them you should play them some time in the future.

Breath of the Wild, easily.

Also, I have Persona 5, but haven't played cause... I don't know, really.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

mZuzek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You don't have a Switch? How'd you play Odyssey? 

Also not playing those games is criminal. Even if you don't end up liking them you should play them some time in the future.

When did I ever say I played Odyssey?

!!! : O i guess i just assumed !!! 

Around the Network

Must the games strictly be from 2017? Because I want to mention Doom on Switch, I'm having an absolute blast with it, can't really understand why it didn't appeal to me back in 2016.

But speaking solely about games of this year, I'd say Splatoon 2, FIFA 18, Sonic Mania, and Super Mario Odyssey

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

probably Breath of the Wild but I wouldn't be surprised if Odyssey ends up passing it. I just haven't had time to play a ton of Mario yet

Odyssey, BotW, Splatoon 2, Snipperclips and Rez Infinite.

Right now it's neck and neck between Zelda Botw and Mario Odyssey. AssCreed Origins is a somewhat distant third.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Metallox said:
Must the games strictly be from 2017?

Well when I eventually list the objectively best games of 2017 I will include Crash N.Sane Trilogy, I suppose you could argue that Remasters like that and DOOM for Switch are only seperated for viability by semantics

I wouldn't agree with that argument ... though ....