By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I cancelled my Battlefront 2 preorder.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ampersand said:
EA continues to dig their own grave. Reddit is in an uproar and EA is fighting instead of apologizing.

Just read they changed the rates. In 75 % xD

Still. Fuck them and their pay to win shit game.

Hope people don't get tricked by this and go pre order again.Still an unnaceptable practice to use loot boxes and microtransactions that way.

Around the Network

Funny how the original Battlefront 2 had all the heroes unlocked straight from the beginning and instead were dependent on which map you were playing. That was 12 years ago.

Good man, OP. *bro fist*

people have already made AFK-macros to just idle in the game cause it is gonna take so many credits to unlock stuff.. crazy bad publicity just a few days before launch.
also, they broke the reddit downvote record with about 450k as of now.. and it is climbing like 20k /h

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/
almost @ -500k now

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

miqdadi said:
More and more players should start abandoning games with loot boxes, & micro transaction, as long as players buy they will keep selling us those 2

Or these games should be made free-to-play. Also, I don't mind stuff if it's purely cosmetic.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
miqdadi said:
More and more players should start abandoning games with loot boxes, & micro transaction, as long as players buy they will keep selling us those 2

Or these games should be made free-to-play. Also, I don't mind stuff if it's purely cosmetic.

It started with cosmetic. Look how it's going right now xD. That's the problem, they always find ways to be even more greedy.

There's gonna be a time when this MT practices are going to be considered gambling, and things are gonna change. Because that's what it is, there's no other way to put it.

Why do people keep handing EA these exclusive licences? I would love to play a Star Wars game made by anyone else. At this point I really think it might be better for the industry for EA to go out of business so we can get some competition on making NFL, FIFA, and Star Wars games.

This monopoly bullshit is only good for EA.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Bandorr said:
https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbfii-launchchangesblog-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=41287&ts=1510609673584

"So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players."

And just like that EA flinched.

That's great, but Emperor Palpatine below Darth Vader? C'mon!

I really liked the first. It's a shame, really.

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:
Me and my buddies are getting it in December on sale. Can't wait.

If you couldn't wait, wouldn't that mean that you wouldn't wait until December to get it?

Lol no. I can't wait to get it @$40