By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I cancelled my Battlefront 2 preorder.

I dont have any issue paying more if the content is worth it.  the BOTW DLC was fine, Destiny DLC is fine, GTA online...  etc, etc,,,  Loot boxes are not fine.  

Around the Network

In general the shooters for October/November seem disappointing. I was planning to pick up Wolfenstein 2, CoD WW2, and Battlefront 2 possibly, but all of them have got so much criticism that I don't know if I should pick up even one. Even Wolfenstein 2, which should have been in the bag for one of the best games of the year, has problems up it's ass.

Wolfenstein 2 is incredible. 

Preorders for games aren’t necessary anymore. There is always tons of copies in stores. 

miqdadi said:
More and more players should start abandoning games with loot boxes, & micro transaction, as long as players buy they will keep selling us those 2

We can't though, that's mainly due to the ever large casual audience out there, that simply doesn't care about what MT's are in their game, let alone what business tactics said company implements into their games. The casual audience hasn't raised an eyebrow at those mobile storefronts for years, and I imagine them doing the same for loot boxes in AAA games.

The hardcore dedicated van tell a good practice from a bad one, they care about the game and the company, but the casual audience just doesn't care as much as the dedicated do. At the end of the day, they just come home from work, pop the disk in and start playing.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I can only assume they will adjust the amount of credits earned post-release, no way they will keep it at 40 hours per hero, the player drop-off rate will be huge if they do. But yeah, in the meantime, probably better to wait on a sale to buy it,

Doesn't matter to EA if the rest is going to buy them instead to get around that grinding. Because that's what the long grinds actually intends to to do, to push the players into spending even more cash.

I was interested and I loved the beta but i dont want to pay 70 for a pay2win game

EA continues to dig their own grave. Reddit is in an uproar and EA is fighting instead of apologizing.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

Yeah, it's insane that you need that time to unlock characters, but I can't say I'm surprised. I won't buy anything from EA, can't support its shitty behaviour.

"As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we’re looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we’ll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can."

Lmao good job EA. Not like it matters though. They'll still make bank