By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I cancelled my Battlefront 2 preorder.

40 hours to unlock a hero?  80 hours to unlock Vader and Luke?  And I'm not paying for loot boxes to unlock these heroes early.

Around the Network

I wonder if this will be an action that many decide to take. I don't know that it'll have a huge effect, but maybe even a small dent can send at least some kind of message to EA.

I am buying it for the single player although each day, I want to hit that cancel button more and more

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Didn't preorder it but I was interested. Should've known EA was going to screw it up.

Captain_Yuri said:

I am buying it for the single player although each day, I want to hit that cancel button more and more

Why not wait for a price drop?  I can understand to buy the game on release for multiplayer while the player count is high.  For single player, I would wait

Around the Network
bevochan said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Why not wait for a price drop?  I can understand to buy the game on release for multiplayer while the player count is high.  For single player, I would wait

Well I got the prime discount so... It's basically like a price drop.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

No surprise really. EA isn't gonna drop their season pass, without trying to make up for it somehow, and giving players as much incentive as possible to gamble on some loot boxes is just what the doctor ordered as far as they're concerned.

I haven't bought a EA game in the past 5 years.And it looks like this will not be the one to break the taboo.

Good. Pre-ordering is not a good idea.

Smart but why did you preorder in the first place?