By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

Welfare said:
hudsoniscool said:

That just seams too high to me. That would put all of Australia at 60kish. Does anyone know how much other consoles did at launch? 60k would make its launch nearly the size of the uks.

Xbox One: 65,917

Wii: 32,901

3DS: 31,000

Xbox 360: 30,421

PS3: >20,000

DS: 19,191

 

Switch: Higher than Wii

PS4: Below XB1

 

Xbox One had the best launch.

Oh wow! Didnt know my country is quite strong for MS. 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Its possible that we are comparing shipped numbers to shipped here.



bowserthedog said:

Its possible that we are comparing shipped numbers to shipped here.

GfK tracks consoles sold to consumers.



That's great. I am truly happy to see big sales numbers.

With that said, I wonder what it would have been like if Halo 6 launched on the same day, with a month or so of marketing the two leading up to launch.



starcraft said:
ironmanDX said:

Agreed. 20k at eb I can believe... 60k Australia wide? Not a chance.

That would be a record console launch by quite a margin if my memory serves.

Where are you getting 60k from?

EB Games is the only significant dedicated games retailer. They'd account for a decent proportion of console sales, alongside JB-Hifi.

I've been told 2-3 times that even makes up 1/3 of the market there. It was a rough estimate 



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
bowserthedog said:

Its possible that we are comparing shipped numbers to shipped here.

GfK tracks consoles sold to consumers.

I know.. but i'm stating that at least in the case of the Switch they sold the maximum number and were limited by shipments.



ResidentToxy said:
The sales will be incredibly front-loaded. Especially when word gets around that there are no exclusives being released.
Xbox enthusiasts will have rushed to pick this up, and everyone else who got one probably thought that it was a new console. Those who did not know that the Xbox One X is just a revision will likely be disappointed.
It will be interesting to see how big the drop in sales will be. This will probably give Xbox 1-3 weeks in the spotlight before it tapers off significantly

Pubg hits next month but that's most likely timed for 6months- a year

For all the talk of no games I think 2018 is shaping up quite nicely(to be fair a lot of delays fell into 2018)

in the first half crackdown, SOD2, and ashen(big indie). Around the middle of the year sea of theives. Towards the end forza horizon 4, and ori 2. Assuming halo is still on a 3 yr dev cycle that should come in the holidays.

 

then there's the big multiplats that are coming. Far cry 4 in spring, anthem and rdr2 around summer, battlefield in the holidays. Cyberpunk as well? Probably not. But you can be sure ms will be beating their chest saying how these games play and look best on the x.



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

VAMatt said:
That's great. I am truly happy to see big sales numbers.

With that said, I wonder what it would have been like if Halo 6 launched on the same day, with a month or so of marketing the two leading up to launch.

I think about halo 6 too. I'm sure it would make people upgrade but I doubt it would push any pc/PS4 guys to buy an Xbox. Those people would have switched over by now. Pubg however is coming next month. Don't doubt it's power to move consoles. Look at how well fortnite is doing. Constantly at the top of the most played chart. And the thing about pubg is the difference between the x and s version is going to be absolutely massive. Like the difference between playing it on low settings(s) and high(x). In other words one version looks like a mid gen Xbox 360 game.



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
VAMatt said:
That's great. I am truly happy to see big sales numbers.

With that said, I wonder what it would have been like if Halo 6 launched on the same day, with a month or so of marketing the two leading up to launch.

I think about halo 6 too. I'm sure it would make people upgrade but I doubt it would push any pc/PS4 guys to buy an Xbox. Those people would have switched over by now. Pubg however is coming next month. Don't doubt it's power to move consoles. Look at how well fortnite is doing. Constantly at the top of the most played chart. And the thing about pubg is the difference between the x and s version is going to be absolutely massive. Like the difference between playing it on low settings(s) and high(x). In other words one version looks like a mid gen Xbox 360 game.

I can only speak for myself in that the only games that I'm truly interested in right now on the Xbox One is Quantum Break and Cuphead. Then, there's Gears of War but only because I consider it a "secondary" option.  Normally, I'm not a fan of shooters, but buying a console for other games such as Quantum Break and Cuphead would later lead me to buying other titles and genres I wouldn't initially buy a console for.  Halo is certainly a staple of the Xbox franchise.  It's similar to supporting a Nintendo console because you're a Mario fan but nowhere near as iconic.  I think halo has peaked its impact on the gaming industry last gen, and it only one of the few reasons that help differentiate the Xbox franchise from the PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.



https://www.resetera.com/threads/pal-charts-week-45-2017.5739/page-6#post-949267
The Xbox One family sold 121k this week. This is the Xbox Ones 4 largest week.
Xbox One X: 80k
Xbox One S: 41k