By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

NATO said:
darkenergy said:
A $500 console selling better than the Pro and Switch in its launch week? Nice

(INB4 someone tries to spin this as a negative)

Hello.

Of course, stock shortages of both PS4 Pro and Switch will have impacted the performance of those machines.

Can't sell what isn't on the shelves.

There are no stock shortages of the Pro or Switch that I can see.  They're both in stock all the time at my local Target (I'm in there about twice per month) and usually at Walmarts and Gamestops (I'm in these about once per month).  Switch has just recently fixed its stock issues.  But, I've never seen a shortage of PS4 Pro.  



Around the Network
VAMatt said:
NATO said:

Hello.

Can't sell what isn't on the shelves.

There are no stock shortages of the Pro or Switch that I can see.  They're both in stock all the time at my local Target (I'm in there about twice per month) and usually at Walmarts and Gamestops (I'm in these about once per month).  Switch has just recently fixed its stock issues.  But, I've never seen a shortage of PS4 Pro.  

I think this was in reference when both the Pro and Switch when originally launched.



LivingMetal said:
VAMatt said:

There are no stock shortages of the Pro or Switch that I can see.  They're both in stock all the time at my local Target (I'm in there about twice per month) and usually at Walmarts and Gamestops (I'm in these about once per month).  Switch has just recently fixed its stock issues.  But, I've never seen a shortage of PS4 Pro.  

I think this was in reference when both the Pro and Switch when originally launched.

Well, that would make more sense.  

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. Had no problem finding one for myself.  I had to return it though, as my wife also had no problem finding one for me.  



VAMatt said:
LivingMetal said:

I think this was in reference when both the Pro and Switch when originally launched.

Well, that would make more sense.  

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. Had no problem finding one for myself.  I had to return it though, as my wife also had no problem finding one for me.  

I don't think the Play Station Four Pro had any shortage no, the demand was just not that high.

But for the Switch, that's another story :)
This thing was so difficult to find (I missed my pre-order and had to wait for at least 1 month before to get one)



eva01beserk said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Don't know where you have been but that handheld is ALSO according to Nintendo a home system and as such it's definitely weak.

I'll also add that we are talking about the Xbox one X (a home system) and I added in my comment the PS4 and a PS5 (yet more home systems) so I'm not sure why you did not see that I was obviously talking about the Switch's home system capabilities.

So its weak and doing better than the competition? so why is power important?

Oups, my bad I forgot to say "from the point of view of the consumer" which I assumed you were, which I can tell you I am.

Cause from the Nintendo side, I totally agree with you. Power is the least of their concern, it costs money to engineer a powerful system and if you sell them so well without doing much in that department, why do it?

I also must remind you that this is pretty much what I ALSO said in my first post. I said, "did you hear Nintendo?" Then I added "Of course you don't hear" Then I added, something like  "keep doing your thing" as in keep changing the hood but don't bother investing in a powerful engine inside your machine.

Now if you're asking in general and not in the case of Nintendo specifically, the answer is cause more power means better graphics. And before you answer that graphics don't necessarily mean a good game, I'll say that neither do weak graphics. But as a consumer I'd rather good games + powerful graphics than any other combination. Not sure why you wish to settle for a few good games with weak graphics when you could get good games PLUS powerful graphics. (That is if Nintendo consumers woke up and demanded it)

And finally the only question you might be left with asking me is: If I don't care for the Switch why is this a problem for me at all? Well the answer is obvious. If you guys (Nintendo fans) were more demanding and critic of your favorite brand, maybe Nintendo would invest in more powerful GPU's and maybe they would continue making home systems that can rival the Pro and the X. You'd STILL be enjoying BOTW and Mario Odyssey and all those great games but so would more people, you know those who care to see 2017 graphics in those games and not 2010 graphics in 2017 games.



Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
eva01beserk said:

So its weak and doing better than the competition? so why is power important?

Oups, my bad I forgot to say "from the point of view of the consumer" which I assumed you were, which I can tell you I am.

Cause from the Nintendo side, I totally agree with you. Power is the least of their concern, it costs money to engineer a powerful system and if you sell them so well without doing much in that department, why do it?

I also must remind you that this is pretty much what I ALSO said in my first post. I said, "did you hear Nintendo?" Then I added "Of course you don't hear" Then I added, something like  "keep doing your thing" as in keep changing the hood but don't bother investing in a powerful engine inside your machine.

Now if you're asking in general and not in the case of Nintendo specifically, the answer is cause more power means better graphics. And before you answer that graphics don't necessarily mean a good game, I'll say that neither do weak graphics. But as a consumer I'd rather good games + powerful graphics than any other combination. Not sure why you wish to settle for a few good games with weak graphics when you could get good games PLUS powerful graphics. (That is if Nintendo consumers woke up and demanded it)

And finally the only question you might be left with asking me is: If I don't care for the Switch why is this a problem for me at all? Well the answer is obvious. If you guys (Nintendo fans) were more demanding and critic of your favorite brand, maybe Nintendo would invest in more powerful GPU's and maybe they would continue making home systems that can rival the Pro and the X. You'd STILL be enjoying BOTW and Mario Odyssey and all those great games but so would more people, you know those who care to see 2017 graphics in those games and not 2010 graphics in 2017 games.

Nintendo has been pushing Metroid while Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey have been successes.  Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been a worthy update.  Platoon helps bolster the Switch lineup.  Let's not forget about the soon-to-be-released Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  This is what Nintendo fans want, and Nintendo has delivered from a games front. And to support that claim, the Switch has been easily outselling the Xbox One while giving the PS4 a run for its money.  The Switch is doing as well because Nintendo is meeting the demand of its fans.  The PS4 Pro and PSTV are my primary gaming systems.  But when (not "if") I get my Switch, it's going to be the centerpiece of all my current consoles at the very least for the Nintendo exclusive titles regardless of power.



hudsoniscool said:
ResidentToxy said:
The sales will be incredibly front-loaded. Especially when word gets around that there are no exclusives being released.
Xbox enthusiasts will have rushed to pick this up, and everyone else who got one probably thought that it was a new console. Those who did not know that the Xbox One X is just a revision will likely be disappointed.
It will be interesting to see how big the drop in sales will be. This will probably give Xbox 1-3 weeks in the spotlight before it tapers off significantly

Pubg hits next month but that's most likely timed for 6months- a year

For all the talk of no games I think 2018 is shaping up quite nicely(to be fair a lot of delays fell into 2018)

in the first half crackdown, SOD2, and ashen(big indie). Around the middle of the year sea of theives. Towards the end forza horizon 4, and ori 2. Assuming halo is still on a 3 yr dev cycle that should come in the holidays.

 

then there's the big multiplats that are coming. Far cry 4 in spring, anthem and rdr2 around summer, battlefield in the holidays. Cyberpunk as well? Probably not. But you can be sure ms will be beating their chest saying how these games play and look best on the x.

Is Ashen confirmed XBO exclusive?



pitzy272 said:
hudsoniscool said:

Pubg hits next month but that's most likely timed for 6months- a year

For all the talk of no games I think 2018 is shaping up quite nicely(to be fair a lot of delays fell into 2018)

in the first half crackdown, SOD2, and ashen(big indie). Around the middle of the year sea of theives. Towards the end forza horizon 4, and ori 2. Assuming halo is still on a 3 yr dev cycle that should come in the holidays.

 

then there's the big multiplats that are coming. Far cry 4 in spring, anthem and rdr2 around summer, battlefield in the holidays. Cyberpunk as well? Probably not. But you can be sure ms will be beating their chest saying how these games play and look best on the x.

Is Ashen confirmed XBO exclusive?

U know what, it might only be timed. I forgot.



Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

VAMatt said:
LivingMetal said:

I think this was in reference when both the Pro and Switch when originally launched.

Well, that would make more sense.  

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. Had no problem finding one for myself.  I had to return it though, as my wife also had no problem finding one for me.  

I tried to buy it new on April in USA and had only one refurbished available and that was 6 months after release.

And Sony official PR was that the console had supply issues for over 6 months after release.

So you can doubt if you want, but that is the info we had even if it wasn't on shortage in your area.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hudsoniscool said:
pitzy272 said:

Is Ashen confirmed XBO exclusive?

U know what, it might only be timed. I forgot.

Gotcha. Either way, that game has me interested. The tone of the trailer and the atmosphere both impressed me. Hopeful it’ll be good. 

EDIT:  just watched the e3 2017 trailer again and it mentioned it is a “console launch exclusive”. Tho I’m not sure what that means since it isn’t launching with or near the XBO X...

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 15 November 2017