By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1X sells 80k+ first week in U.K

VAMatt said:
LivingMetal said:

I think this was in reference when both the Pro and Switch when originally launched.

Well, that would make more sense.  

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. Had no problem finding one for myself.  I had to return it though, as my wife also had no problem finding one for me.  

I tried to buy it new on April in USA and had only one refurbished available and that was 6 months after release.

And Sony official PR was that the console had supply issues for over 6 months after release.

So you can doubt if you want, but that is the info we had even if it wasn't on shortage in your area.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
pitzy272 said:

Is Ashen confirmed XBO exclusive?

U know what, it might only be timed. I forgot.

Gotcha. Either way, that game has me interested. The tone of the trailer and the atmosphere both impressed me. Hopeful it’ll be good. 

EDIT:  just watched the e3 2017 trailer again and it mentioned it is a “console launch exclusive”. Tho I’m not sure what that means since it isn’t launching with or near the XBO X...

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 15 November 2017

VAMatt said:
NATO said:

Hello.

Can't sell what isn't on the shelves.

There are no stock shortages of the Pro or Switch that I can see.  They're both in stock all the time at my local Target (I'm in there about twice per month) and usually at Walmarts and Gamestops (I'm in these about once per month).  Switch has just recently fixed its stock issues.  But, I've never seen a shortage of PS4 Pro.  

The comparison is of how many consoles were sold at launch, the ps4 pro and switch were sold out, at launch, why in the hell would current stock have any relation to that?

VAMatt said: 

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. 

And, again, the thread is based on UK only, UK numbers and UK launch totals, the ps4 pro and switch both sold out completely at launch and it was a few weeks before anywhere got new stock and that stock was limited and sold out instantly due to the demand at the time and because the majority of production stock was sent to the US.

Infact in January (two months after release), the PS4 pro was still extremely hard to find anywhere in europe and asia, while readilly available in the US, as per this article:

http://n4g.com/news/2011168/sony-needs-to-solve-ps4-pro-playstation-vr-stock-shortages

By february (3 months after release) there were still shortages with the few actually available being put into forced game bundles for crazy prices by retailers and the few ones that were at a reasonable price with single game bundles or console-only, were still selling out quickly:

http://www.psu.com/news/32282/ps4-pro-stock-bundles-where-to-buy

So im not surprised you never saw a shortage, but your own experiences bear no relation what so ever to the topic being discussed.

Imaginedvl said: 

I don't think the Play Station Four Pro had any shortage no, the demand was just not that high.

As above, you don't get to rewrite reality to suit a narrative, the context of location and the stock level dictating maximum sales for that region aren't details you can simply omit and ignore, because lets be honest when next weeks XBX console sales take a nosedive, the lack of stock will matter then, too.

Last edited by NATO - on 15 November 2017

Imaginedvl said:
VAMatt said:

Well, that would make more sense.  

Even so, I dispute that there was a significant shortage of PS4 Pro near launch.  I saw them everywhere, all the time. Had no problem finding one for myself.  I had to return it though, as my wife also had no problem finding one for me.  

I don't think the Play Station Four Pro had any shortage no, the demand was just not that high.

But for the Switch, that's another story :)
This thing was so difficult to find (I missed my pre-order and had to wait for at least 1 month before to get one)

Yeah I too don't recall any news stories of shortages of any kind around the time of PS4 Pro released.  There seemed to be enough for anyone wanting to pick one up upon release.  I think the OneX is a completely different story as the demand has been pent up for while leading to its release.  The surprising and better U.K numbers in comparison (and for something as highly priced) are testament to this fact.  There is just higher demand for OneX than the Pro - simple and clear. Ain't rocket science.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
Imaginedvl said:

But for the Switch, that's another story :)
This thing was so difficult to find (I missed my pre-order and had to wait for at least 1 month before to get one)

Yeah I too don't recall any news stories of shortages of any kind around the time of PS4 Pro released.  There seemed to be enough for anyone wanting to pick one up upon release.  I think the OneX is a completely different story as the demand has been pent up for while leading to its release.  The surprising and better U.K numbers in comparison (and for something as highly priced) are testament to this fact.  There is just higher demand for OneX than the Pro - simple and clear. Ain't rocket science.

And you just decided to ignore the post above yours for reasons?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
3sexty said:

You mean about the one I quoted above mine.. Yeah for sure Switch is going great guns. That thing is destroying everything :) and is what you call in true short supply. 

Last edited by 3sexty - on 16 November 2017

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
DonFerrari said:

You mean about the one I quoted above mine.. Yeah for sure Switch is going great guns. That thing is destroying everything :) and is what you call in true short supply. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8628344

Is your reading limited to only what you want to acknowledge?

DonFerrari said:
3sexty said:

Did you even read the post above him? Other than being very arrogant and attacking him (and me for the same topic); I do not see what this post has to do with proving or not if there were a shortage. 

I mean I just said "I do not think it was a shortage bla bla" and the dude is talking about re-writing reality and narrative... I'm sorry but no, his credibility at this point is below 0. And while they may have been shortage here and there, it is definitely not at all as the Switch levels and most likely did not have any impact on the sales overall as we can see the numbers today. (we are talking about the first week after all).

I mean talking about the Play Station Four Pro "Shortage" and the Switch shortage in the same sentence does not make any sense as it is oranges and apples... 

Imaginedvl said:
DonFerrari said:

Did you even read the post above him? Other than being very arrogant and attacking him (and me for the same topic); I do not see what this post has to do with proving or not if there were a shortage. 

I mean I just said "I do not think it was a shortage bla bla" and the dude is talking about re-writing reality and narrative... I'm sorry but no, his credibility at this point is below 0. And while they may have been shortage here and there, it is definitely not at all as the Switch levels and most likely did not have any impact on the sales overall as we can see the numbers today. (we are talking about the first week after all).

I mean talking about the Play Station Four Pro "Shortage" and the Switch shortage in the same sentence does not make any sense as it is oranges and apples... 

Sure PS4Pro shortages may have little effects on the numbers today (after 1 year) as will Switch numbers in like 1 year from now be very little impacted by the shortages of the first 6 months. Yet when talking about only the 1st week of sales of both PS4P and Switch on UK that is what this thread is about and the links were provided for this Both system could have sold more than what they had (and you can disbelief all you want, but Sony official communication and some reports put that PS4P had WW stock issues for like 6 months, sure it wasn't high droughts because the demand wasn't equivalent to PS4, still it sold 1/5 of the total).

Well talking about X1 shortages compared to Switch and PS4 is apples and oranges, sales as well... still here we are talking about X1 sales.

DonFerrari said:
Imaginedvl said:

Sure PS4Pro shortages may have little effects on the numbers today (after 1 year) as will Switch numbers in like 1 year from now be very little impacted by the shortages of the first 6 months. Yet when talking about only the 1st week of sales of both PS4P and Switch on UK that is what this thread is about and the links were provided for this Both system could have sold more than what they had (and you can disbelief all you want, but Sony official communication and some reports put that PS4P had WW stock issues for like 6 months, sure it wasn't high droughts because the demand wasn't equivalent to PS4, still it sold 1/5 of the total).

Well talking about X1 shortages compared to Switch and PS4 is apples and oranges, sales as well... still here we are talking about X1 sales.

I do not think the shortage of Play Station Four Pro had any real effect overall after few weeks (I'm not talking about a year after). Come on, why is it so hard to admit that for the Play Station Four Pro (out of the 3 with Xbox One X and Switch), the demand was lower... I mean while some shortage may have occurred the Play Station Four Pro was available everywhere and if someone wanted one 2 or 3 weeks after launch; you could find one... Or I'm living on another planet and all the stores (including amazon, Walmart, etc..) here are just different :). For the Switch it is a completely different story but as I said before comparing what happen with those 2 makes no sense and it was just 2 different leagues.

It does not say the Play Station Four Pro is bad but that's not the same level at all... And based on the current numbers the Xbox One X demand is higher and is just selling more by a good margin (even % wise compare to the base system) than the Play Station Four Pro... Of course this is the first week, of course it is only UK numbers, of course Microsoft made sure made sure no shortage will happen, but things are just looking different than the Play Station Four Pro. You do not need to have any bias for that (or like this dude said, want to re-write history with your own narrative)

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 16 November 2017