By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade 2's minor, but annoying detail

Do you ever get bothered by unnecessary sexualization?

Most of the time 10 17.54%

Only if it's for a chara... 1 1.75%

Depends on context and game 25 43.86%

Never 21 36.84%

Total:57

After seeing the pics, my response is a resounding "meh". Theres plenty of blades. If you don't like one of them, just don't use it. Seems like a pretty simple solution.

Around the Network
Wright said:

I dunno. I don't get bothered by fictionalized sexualization.

I'm with Wright here.

I feel like some people have difficulty separating real life from a game.

What you are seeing is not an ass or a 14 year old. Its a polygon model. Do you look at a cube and find that sexually explicit? That is kind of what i take from it.

Yeah they take the shape to portray a person, but there's no person there, so for me, it doesn't make sense to judge it as such.

The power of the Waifu cannot be controlled and Monolith knows this .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

sundin13 said:
After seeing the pics, my response is a resounding "meh". Theres plenty of blades. If you don't like one of them, just don't use it. Seems like a pretty simple solution.

Exactly what I think.

Anyway, I'm really hyped for the game because it will have an amazing world to explore like the previous Xenoblade games, and a battle system with even more depth than the one in the first game (which I really liked). 

OTBWY said:
It's fine and stop it.

It's shit like this that gets entire games censored when Nintendo hears about it.

Yeah it isn't really bothering me too except for that one time with your signature with chun-li, that one was... too much I guess .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
OTBWY said:
It's fine and stop it.

It's shit like this that gets entire games censored when Nintendo hears about it.

Yeah it isn't really bothering me too except for that one time with your signature with chun-li, that one was... too much I guess .

Look man if you want the source just ask. Its no issue.

OTBWY said:
Sunstrider said:

Look man if you want the source just ask. Its no issue.

Bahahaha nah.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Eh.....are people reducing the quality of the complete game, because of one or some character designs? Judging a book by its cover, huh?

I'm certainly not a fan of echi stuff and fanservices, but this is pretty much harmless.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Nem said:
Wright said:

I dunno. I don't get bothered by fictionalized sexualization.

I feel like some people have difficulty separating real life from a game.

I think that that's on the developer, though, and my general issue with this.

I don't mind sexualization in a game, if it's consistent with the context, but in this case, I feel that it really hurts immersion. Like, when I see these models, I immediately remember that it's conceived to please *me*, not a part of the universe that I'm exploring - especially since the behaviour/temperament/ interactions of the characters does not reflect their allure.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

If you want to see some more blades this is a good source:
https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP

And yeah, it will bug me a fair bit, but not enough to stop me from enjoying the game.