By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenoblade 2's minor, but annoying detail

Do you ever get bothered by unnecessary sexualization?

Most of the time 10 17.54%

Only if it's for a chara... 1 1.75%

Depends on context and game 25 43.86%

Never 21 36.84%

Total:57
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

IkePoR said: 

Gotta love how she's in "the pose", that twist that only women in posters and advertising do to show the important bits off.  

Also, unrelated, all the blades are females.  Cause if ya gotta have waifus, why not make use of them by shoehorning them as the blades? 

Isn't one of the blades in the GameXplain gameplay footage a male?

https://youtu.be/0W7ROTyWFQs?t=12m1s

It's confusing because there's a girl that has armor almost exactly the same that's a blade and has booobs ... but the one following him is definitely a guy

It is confusing.  I thought that guy was a support or some generic placeholder until you got an actual blade.  I haven't kept up that much with this game, as I have no interest in playing it. But if it's not telling how steep the fanservice>good design depths go that I thought all the blades were female, I don't know what is.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
monocle_layton said:

I thought the main character would be the most fanservice, but on a reddit post one blade was this blue girl (looked 15 or younger) and the only thing exposed was her ass. It makes no sense and it actually pisses me off. A character can look appealing without showing her tits or ass.

I'd link the character I'm talking to, but idk how to link images on mobile. Here's the post though: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7bzyts/seori_a_rare_blade_in_xenoblade_chronicles_2/

Gotta love how she's in "the pose", that twist that only women in posters and advertising do to show the important bits off.  

Also, unrelated, all the blades are females.  Cause if ya gotta have waifus, why not make use of them by shoehorning them as the blades? 

Not all the blades are females, do some research first.

Last edited by Alkibiádēs - on 12 November 2017

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

The particular blade you linked, I'm more concerned with its ugly design than any sexualization.

the changes to the first xenoblade were, IMO, completely unwarranted.
Watching the trailers, and seeing that pic of the girl with the butt exposed.. It just feels a bit out of place.
I don't want to dictate what they're allowed to do, I don't want to force them into anything.

But it did feel a bit unnecessary, and maybe... *sigh*. I don't know. Its complicated..

Alkibiádēs said:
IkePoR said:

Or maybe don't build your game and trailers so hardcore around waifus and fan service that a casual viewer concludes incorrectly.  It's not my job to research tacky design choices, it's Monolith Soft's job to convey that there's more to this game than "shota's harem and pet lion" fantasy.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
SuperNova said:

Especially since they're trying to tell this meet cute boy meets girl story and it breaks the tone for me. 

Yeah, I just realized that when you said it. It is very awkward. It would be like if in Gurren Laggan, Simon actually ended up dating Yoko. The genius of Gurren was that it bent your expectations subtly, as an audience of mostly under-aged males everyone expected and wanted Simon to "get the attractive girl", it was because everyone was so conditioned to just expect the shonen protoganist to get the hot chick who with big boobs physically looks a decade older, but she was way more physically and emotionally mature than him and in real life it could never work out. So the show introduced a character that was actually appropriate for Simon , not some big tittied woman to be idiolized. I always hated that Simon never got with Yoko because I thought Yoko was so amazing. Looking back at it though, that's the entire point.

God, the Xenoblade creators really need to watch Gurren Laggan. 

IkePoR said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Or maybe don't build your game and trailers so hardcore around waifus and fan service that a casual viewer concludes incorrectly.  It's not my job to research tacky design choices, it's Monolith Soft's job to convey that there's more to this game than "shota's harem and pet lion" fantasy.

The designs are great, as you can see from the images I posted in my earlier post.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

IkePoR said:

It is confusing.  I thought that guy was a support or some generic placeholder until you got an actual blade.  I haven't kept up that much with this game, as I have no interest in playing it. But if it's not telling how steep the fanservice>good design depths go that I thought all the blades were female, I don't know what is.

You can't be blamed for it. I mean in the blade selection screen a girl version comes up and is shown : 

https://youtu.be/0W7ROTyWFQs?t=9m33s

The cringy thing is, after her awesome intro animation, you get a drawing of her with her reaching high up to stretch out that cleavage shot xD Just like Samus in Smash

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
IkePoR said:

You can't be blamed for it. I mean in the blade selection screen a girl version comes up and is shown : 

https://youtu.be/0W7ROTyWFQs?t=9m33s

The cringy thing is, after her awesome intro animation, you get a drawing of her with her reaching high up to stretch out that cleavage shot xD Just like Samus in Smash

Amazing.  Can't wait to see how this feature creeps into Fire Emblem Switch.

9:45 - They even call it "bonding."  What a crock lol

It's fine and stop it.

It's shit like this that gets entire games censored when Nintendo hears about it.