By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A few minor updates...

sethnintendo said:
VGPolyglot said:

It was the only way we could really think of that would stop the polls from being rigged.

Oh I thought polls were based off IPs.  Like one vote per IP.

They were, but people with dynamic IPs were able to continuously change their IP to vote multiple times.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
sethnintendo said:

Oh I thought polls were based off IPs.  Like one vote per IP.

I dunno how logging in/out would affect it (I never log out ) but I often got multiple votes in polls regardless. So definitely seems better if it's tied to account to prevent that from now on.

Had it where I'd be using a different device and was able to vote in poll again.

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said: 

- Spellcheck has been enabled in 'rich text' post replies (SO GET YOUR GRAMMAR STRAIGHT!!!) :)

Can I have an option to disable this feature? Almost every word is underlined red and I don't like it; it drives me crazy. Also, spellcheck doesn't point out faulty grammar. Take the following, for example:

Baum oben, würzig Fleisch, Gerede dummes.

Spellcheck tells me that everything is correct, but the grammar qualifies as Zumutung; nevermind how senseless the sentence is. I am not a casual writer, so I don't want spellcheck.

It's not a site feature: It's a feature of your web browser. If you're using Chrome, you can go to the advanced settings and change the language or turn it off. Not sure about other browsers.

The polls... They work?...

What a time to be alive.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said: 

- Spellcheck has been enabled in 'rich text' post replies (SO GET YOUR GRAMMAR STRAIGHT!!!) :)

Can I have an option to disable this feature? Almost every word is underlined red and I don't like it; it drives me crazy. Also, spellcheck doesn't point out faulty grammar. Take the following, for example:

Baum oben, würzig Fleisch, Gerede dummes.

Spellcheck tells me that everything is correct, but the grammar qualifies as Zumutung; nevermind how senseless the sentence is. I am not a casual writer, so I don't want spellcheck.

You can disable it from your browser, or add an option for English so it'll know not to do it. Die Dunkelheit wird alles verbrauchen for example, isn't underlined for me when I allow German.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 12 November 2017

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
How about the ability to "remove" stuff from the buddy list?

I have no use for threads that have been locked. Yet they sit in my buddy list until I have posted in enough threads to rotate off.

Better yet, maybe locked threads should automatically be removed from the buddy list?

I guess that's a way to encourage people to post in more threads

Bandorr said:
How about the ability to "remove" stuff from the buddy list?

I have no use for threads that have been locked. Yet they sit in my buddy list until I have posted in enough threads to rotate off.

Better yet, maybe locked threads should automatically be removed from the buddy list?

I don't know about automatically after locking, because users might miss what's been posted between the time they looked at it and the time it is locked. Maybe automatically remove a locked thread from the buddy list once it has been read?

I liked it better when every thread I had (partially) read got the orange icon. It's a bit unclear now. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if you guys actually changed it?

Flilix said:
I liked it better when every thread I had (partially) read got the orange icon. It's a bit unclear now. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if you guys actually changed it?

It was changed.

Closed envelope = never posted, new messages

Open envelope = never posted, no new messages

Orange exclamation mark = posted, new messages

Green icon = posted, no new messages

VGPolyglot said:
Flilix said:

It was changed.

Closed envelope = never posted, new messages

Open envelope = never posted, no new messages

Orange exclamation mark = posted, new messages

Green icon = posted, no new messages

Would it be possible to give the threads that you've never opened a slightly different colour (different shade of gray)? That would make it easier to immediately see which threads are new.