By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X frustrations.

cannonballZ said:
FallingTitan said:
so the xbox x has an IR blaster receiver? i think its the only console that does?

I guess so, turnin off anynet+ solved the issue. 

anynet+ works over the hdmi cable, but does get the power-on signal from the remote, which the TV forwards to the device (xbox in this case.  So no IR in the xbox.

What's the saying....  It's a feature, not a bug...

Around the Network

I have an LG TV which does the same thing. When I turn on the TV it turns on my sound bar and also my old Xbox. I have not seen it turn on the X1X so wondering what changed. For me this was a feature as I funnel everything through the Xbox.

Omg. It has become self aware! You must destroy it! Quickly! Smash it to pieces and throw the carcass into the fire! Do it, before it can spread the evil of Microsoft and taint the world forever and ever!

Edit: Aw noes.. you already solved it?! Well then... smash it to pieces anyway! Just to be sure. Better be safe than sorry.

Hunting Season is done...

Versus_Evil said:

..... Just turn HDMI-CEC (Anynet+ if you have a Samsung) off in your TV settings.

I had the same problem with my Switch before turning it off.

It was worse with Switch and Samsung TV's. They both released a patch. One for the console to not wake up the HDMI port while in standby, because that randomely changed the input channel on the TV and Samsung released a patch to not react to devices which are turned on while connected via HDMI in order to change the input on the TV.  

It didn't matter if Anynet+ was turned on or off. According to Samsung support, it never really worked as designed. Everyone else was doing their one shit, so it reacted to all signals. 

I made a thread about it in the beginning of the release of the Switch. 

It was a nightmare back then. Glad it was patched. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:

It was worse with Switch and Samsung TV's. They both released a patch. One for the console to not wake up the HDMI port while in standby, because that randomely changed the input channel on the TV and Samsung released a patch to not react to devices which are turned on while connected via HDMI in order to change the input on the TV.  

It didn't matter if Anynet+ was turned on or off. According to Samsung support, it never really worked as designed. Everyone else was doing their one shit, so it reacted to all signals. 

I made a thread about it in the beginning of the release of the Switch. 

It was a nightmare back then. Glad it was patched. 

Yea, it was a nightmare with the Switch in the beginning. I went bonkers when it happened to me in the middle of black ops 3.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

With most TV's Anynet+ only applies to a single HDMI port. It might be less a case of the Xbox One X and more just which HDMI port it's plugged into at the back of your TV.

Well, it hasn't happened again after turning off anynet+, so I am assuming that had something to do with it. But you may be right about the HDMI port, I haven't noticed the issue with any other device connected to the tv on the other ports. 

If the issue resurfaces I may have to try switching ports.

I had a similar issue with the Switch. Ill be gaming on PC and all of a sudden the TV switches the HDMI to the Switch. Only way I solved it was by turning the system off instead of its Sleep Mode.
I haven't tried putting the Switch in sleep mode again due to the amount of frustration it gave me. Now its always off.

I had the same problem with my tv, turning on when I turn the radio on, then turning my amp off when I turn the tv off. I disabled all remote startup / wakeup / listen options on both sides. It's still weird as sometimes I get audio from the tv without having to switch the amp to its arc channel, maybe that happens when my setop box is off. I can't reproduce it when I try though. Perhaps the tv switches the channel on the amp since it is still controlling the volume on the amp through hdmi-cec. (Which has an annoying delay to simply using a universal remote)

It's all not very convenient. For best sound quality the amp needs to come first since ARC is limited to dolby digital plus. Yet for 4K the tv needs to come first since my amp can only send through 4k24p max. Plus apps on the tv itself need to output to the amp as well.

So for frustrations, I have my ps4 connected directly to the amp to get lossless 7.1 sound when watching blu-ray. ps4 pro connected directly to the tv for 4k60 output and limited to lossy 5.1 DD+ sound over ARC. Even if it could play 4K UHD it would be a step back in sound quality.

SvennoJ said:
I had the same problem with my tv, turning on when I turn the radio on, then turning my amp off when I turn the tv off. I disabled all remote startup / wakeup / listen options on both sides. It's still weird as sometimes I get audio from the tv without having to switch the amp to its arc channel, maybe that happens when my setop box is off. I can't reproduce it when I try though. Perhaps the tv switches the channel on the amp since it is still controlling the volume on the amp through hdmi-cec. (Which has an annoying delay to simply using a universal remote)

It's all not very convenient. For best sound quality the amp needs to come first since ARC is limited to dolby digital plus. Yet for 4K the tv needs to come first since my amp can only send through 4k24p max. Plus apps on the tv itself need to output to the amp as well.

So for frustrations, I have my ps4 connected directly to the amp to get lossless 7.1 sound when watching blu-ray. ps4 pro connected directly to the tv for 4k60 output and limited to lossy 5.1 DD+ sound over ARC. Even if it could play 4K UHD it would be a step back in sound quality.

That sounds very frustrating. It's one of the reasons I have stayed away from amps and such. I was thinking of just getting  a simple soundbar for my tv, would I experience some of the same issues? I hope not. But sound from tv speakers sucks, something needs to be done about it.

trasharmdsister12 said:
cannonballZ said:

Well, it hasn't happened again after turning off anynet+, so I am assuming that had something to do with it. But you may be right about the HDMI port, I haven't noticed the issue with any other device connected to the tv on the other ports. 

If the issue resurfaces I may have to try switching ports.

What TV do you have if you don't mind me asking? I can look up if that is indeed the case for you.

Samsung 65" KS9000 2016 model.