By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One X frustrations.

So, after only a few days with the box I am absolutely furious with the console. I cannot stop it from turning on every time I turn my tv on. I don't understand why, I have the console set on energy saving mode. It's not supposed to just turn on. I nearly smashed the console this morning. I am quickly running out of patience with this thing. 

I kept my old Xbox One unplugged if not in use for this very reason. It would randomly turn itself on for no reason. I wasn't the only one with the issue, google Xbox One random start up. It would happen at least twice a week until I unplugged the damn thing.  I don't know if this is something I can deal with for long. I may have to return the console if this is not resolved. 

Anyone else having this or any issues with their new XOX? Anyone have any remedies they'd like to share?

Customer service center is closed atm, I have to wait about an hour before I can call. 

Edit: Problem solved. Samsung remote was controlling the Xbox One X. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by cannonballZ - on 11 November 2017

Around the Network

It sucks to have a bum console for sure. I've never had the misfortune myself and I've owned a lot of them, from every manufacturer. I guess my PS1 and Dreamcast both died pretty quickly, but they were loaned out multiple times, and the PS1 was in the hands of people who didn't take care of it at all. Hopefully customer service will have a solution for you.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yea, I am hoping customer service has a solution as well. Though, I may have just figured out the problem. It's the Samsung remote for my tv. It's controlling the Xbox even though I never programmed it to the Xbox One X. I found a reddit thread that speaks on this very issue. I am trying what is recommended there, hopefully that works.

Versus_Evil said:

..... Just turn HDMI-CEC (Anynet+ if uou have a Samsung) off in your TV settings.

I just found that on a Reddit thread while looking for solutions. Thanks! I am trying now.

Never heard about that but I guess if it happens with two different consoles, chances are that either your TV, the remote or maybe even the HDMI cable is the cause.

My guess would be the remote. Does it also happen when you turn on the TV manually?

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Never heard about that but I guess if it happens with two different consoles, chances are that either your TV, the remote or maybe even the HDMI cable is the cause.

My guess would be the remote. Does it also happen when you turn on the TV manually?

It was the remote in this case, but it wasn't the case with my original Xbox One. That one would randomly turn on in the middle of me watching netflix on ps4. It would be extremely frustrating when in the middle of a game and the tv switches inputs. 

cannonballZ said:

So, after only a few days with the box I am absolutely furious with the console. I cannot stop it from turning on every time I turn my tv on. I don't understand why, I have the console set on energy saving mode. It's not supposed to just turn on. I nearly smashed the console this morning. I am quickly running out of patience with this thing. 

I kept my old Xbox One unplugged if not in use for this very reason. It would randomly turn itself on for no reason. I wasn't the only one with the issue, google Xbox One random start up. It would happen at least twice a week until I unplugged the damn thing.  I don't know if this is something I can deal with for long. I may have to return the console if this is not resolved. 

Anyone else having this or any issues with their new XOX? Anyone have any remedies they'd like to share?

Customer service center is closed atm, I have to wait about an hour before I can call. 

New thread title  "Samsung remote control frustrations"

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

New thread title  "Samsung remote control frustrations"

Fair enough, though it doesn't seem to be a problem with any other console. 

so the xbox x has an IR blaster receiver? i think its the only console that does?

FallingTitan said:
so the xbox x has an IR blaster receiver? i think its the only console that does?

I guess so, turnin off anynet+ solved the issue.