Forums - Gaming Discussion - May get a Switch—my first ever Nintendo home console—UPDATE: GETTING ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!

Jranation said:

"HomeConsole"

I can see some users get triggered by it xD

 

1. Should wait. I have stores that does include a gme for cheaper price. 

 

2. Idk

3. Yes. I was like that too. If you like RPG/Adventure games then you will like this

4. Nah. Pro controllers are very expensive for now. Just try how you feel with the Joycons

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.



Around the Network
Suky said:

So stupid.This sounds more like an ad than asling something.

What does this mean?



Random_Matt said:

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.

Probably because it isn't one. I find it hard to believe that Breath of the Wild was the worst game you've played that you thought (or actually) was an RPG. Well, unless you've played very few games that is. There are hundreds of RPGs which are bad games for the reasons of: broken mechanics, game-breaking bugs, poor polish, etc, and I am sure you've played at least one of them. That likely would place BoTW as not the "worst one" you've played. Although I understand hyperbole is pretty common on these gaming forums and the internet in general. 

 



sc94597 said:
Random_Matt said:

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.

Probably because it isn't one. I find it hard to believe that Breath of the Wild was the worst game you've played that you thought (or actually) was an RPG. Well, unless you've played very few games that is. There are hundreds of RPGs which are bad games for the reasons of: broken mechanics, game-breaking bugs, poor polish, etc, and I am sure you've played at least one of them. That likely would place BoTW as not the "worst one" you've played. Although I understand hyperbole is pretty common on these gaming forums and the internet in general. 

 

I know it's not a RPG, merely responding to linked quote.

Meant it's the worst one out of several Zelda's i have played.

Last sentence, you must suffer from paranoia.



My screeb scratched within a day, buy a screen protector



fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

1. Buy it asap. There may be some bundle offers on BF, but the Switch is known for selling out fast. It should be easier to find now compared to closer to xmas.

2. At this point in time no. However there will likely be a form of Virtual Console implemented in the future, where you can buy the older games digital. We are still waiting on details though.

3. No you do not need to play the older games to enjoy BotW. They are all pretty great in their own right, but aside from a few references it is not a direct sequel. It takes place over 10,000 years after the other games and unless you get into the timeline, there is no demand to know how the others play out if you do not want to play them someday.

4. SD card is the most important for 3rd party games on the go and digital purchases. Buying physical will lower the required space for install, but some games will still download a portion of the game on the SD card or internal memory itself. As it stands now, most physical games can be run off of the cart without any install what so ever. But with 3rd party support picking up, that is likely to change within the next year.

A pro controller for playing docked is great and I highly recommend it, but it is not required as the joycons in the grip are more than capable on their own.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Random_Matt said:

1. Meant it's the worst one out of several Zelda's i have played.

2. Last sentence, you must suffer from paranoia.

1. What in your post was suppose to signal that to readers? You said, "Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played."

Surely you see why one would interpret "worst one" to refer to RPG and not Zelda games in particular. Especially since the "worst one" is left to context, and you didn't say anything about Zelda games and the conversation was centered on people who have never played a Zelda game at all. 

2.  Seems like a stretch. Making an observation that people on the internet/gaming forums are hyperbolic => the person who made said observation is paranoid? Please expand on that. 



Random_Matt said:
Jranation said:

"HomeConsole"

I can see some users get triggered by it xD

 

1. Should wait. I have stores that does include a gme for cheaper price. 

 

2. Idk

3. Yes. I was like that too. If you like RPG/Adventure games then you will like this

4. Nah. Pro controllers are very expensive for now. Just try how you feel with the Joycons

3) Don't assume, RPG's is the only genre i play mostly. BOTW in my opinion is the worst one i have played.

I guess im different to you



Pocky Lover Boy! 

1. Should I buy a Switch now, or wait for a deal on BF or closer to Christmas? I feel like Nintendo doesn’t often do major discounts or bundles. So would I get the same deal now as I would during BF/the holidays?

The Switch may not be discounted for awhile now, so you could be waiting awhile for that. I'd say go for the console if the library's big enough and appealing enough for you to warrant the purchase.

 

2. I realllly would like to play the old Super Mario Galaxy games. Can I buy these and other prior-gen Nintendo games digitally on the Switch/Nintendo store? Or is the Switch BC?

Sadly no, but that could change at some point in time.

 

3. Will I be able to enjoy Zelda BotW if I’ve never played a Zelda game before?

Definitely! Most of the games are standalone, so no need to know any backstory from older games.

 

4. Is there any peripheral or anything else I have to buy other than what comes with the Switch? I’ve heard people talk about some alternate controller? Not sure what that’s about...

It depends on you, but you may need a larger SD card for more storage space, and if you don't like the joy cons, you may want to get the pro controller. There's also the chance you'll need more controllers for MP games.

 

Sorry I know so little about Nintendo/the Switch. But thank you in advance for any and all answers! :) And any other tips or useful info you want to share is welcome as well!

If you worry about your screen getting scratches, perhaps consider getting a screen protector too.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Thanks for all the feedback, fellas! It was a big help!