By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

TruckOSaurus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints!

#6 A couple of months before this game this game was released in the US, a Hollywood movie was released in the theatres in order to promote the game.
Hint 2: The title of the movie in hint 1 is a reference to a song by The Who about a kid who plays a "mean pinball". Although the kid in this movie plays a mean video game instead.

#5 This is the second in a series of classic PC strategy games. The strategy series is a spinoff of an even earlier RPG series.
HInt 2: I picked the second game in the series, but more fans of the series prefer the third game.

#6: Super Mario Bros 3 (The Wizard being the movie)

Correct!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Darashiva said:

That's the one. You've guessed quite a large number of the games on my list.

You and I have a good many titles in common, that helps. 

I should really get around to posting at least my Top 25.

You should. It's always interesting to compare other people's lists and see how they rate some of the same games I have on mine.

10.Super Mario 64

The first major 3D Super Mario release. It may be pretty outdated compared to later Mario games (I also happen to really like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D World) but this is the Mario game that brings back the most nostalgia for me. I remember playing this game a lot at other people's houses until I finally got a copy in 2010. Plus this game has the song Dire Dire Docks.

uran10 said:
Mnementh said:

Guys, is #11 really that difficult?

game #11

Hint 1: Crossover of two well-known game-series that never before shared the same platform.

Hint 2: Draw the map on graph paper in your school notebook.

Hint 3: This turn-based RPG is very stylish and colorful.

Hint 4: Fight (amongst others) against tables, playing cards, books and other stuff.

Hint 5: The game gets characters (although with transformed design) and name from one series, major gameplay elements and platform from the other.

game #8

Hint 1: Transhumanism is a revolution.

is 13 tokyo mirage sessions#FE? I have no idea I never played the game.

You mean #11 I think. But no in any case, although Tokyo Mirage Sessions has the sort of style and colorfulness I talk about. No wonder seeing it's from the same game-dev (hinthinthint).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'll go up to #6 already because I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks for my exams.

Hint 1: A ghost haunts a mysterious village.
Hint 2: It's not the first game released in the series, but story-wise it comes first.
Hint 3: A flute.
Hint 4: There's a user on this site who's name and avy are both the main character of the franchise this game belongs to.

Hint 1: Easter Island is one of the places you visit.
Hint 2: The desert is another place you visit.
Hint 3: You also visit the ocean.
Hint 4: And Japan too.

Hint 1: Notoriously hard cow.
Hint 2: Let Kurt take care of your balls.

Hint 1: Automatic levels.
Hint 2: 100 *** challenge.

Hint 1: Cartoony.

Hint 1: Extreme snowboarding.

#6:
Hint 1: Drive upside down.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
I'll go up to #6 already because I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks for my exams.

Hint 1: A ghost haunts a mysterious village.
Hint 2: It's not the first game released in the series, but story-wise it comes first.
Hint 3: A flute.
Hint 4: There's a user on this site who's name and avy are both the main character of the franchise this game belongs to.

Hint 1: Easter Island is one of the places you visit.
Hint 2: The desert is another place you visit.
Hint 3: You also visit the ocean.
Hint 4: And Japan too.

Hint 1: Notoriously hard cow.
Hint 2: Let Kurt take care of your balls.

Hint 1: Automatic levels.
Hint 2: 100 *** challenge.

Hint 1: Cartoony.

#6:

12 Zelda: Skyward Sword?
11 Katamari Damacy?
9 Super Mario Maker
8 Zelda: Wind Waker
6 Mario Kart 7

mZuzek said:

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and hint the next few as well since I won't be around for christmas.

#8 - It opens in a very iconic rain scene.
#6 - A game that involves quite a controversial witch.

Didn't wanna go as high as #6 but it is what it is. At least this still creates a split before the top 5, which is only fair because that top 5 is particularly special, really.

8 - A Link to the Past

6 - Bayonetta?

Flilix said:

#6:

The Liquid Laser is ninja-ing me because I knew 9 and 8, but I think he's wrong on 6 and I'll guess 7;

7 - 1080 Snowboarding

6 - Mario Kart 8.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• WiiU
  • Adventure
  • Nintendo EAD

Link wasn't the only one who woke up. For a very long time I doubted the possibility for there to be a new game that could proudly stand among my all-time, top favorites. To stand among these top games means that it has had a significant impact on my gaming life, and in some cases even my actual life, besides being an absolutely terrific game that I would have endless fun with.

'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild' is still a new game however, and that means it doesn't yet have the advantages of longevity, and personal legacy. This is just proof of the game's brilliance however, and it means that in some ways this is the real winner of this list. We had to wait for decades until Nintendo would find a new classic to build upon, but it has finally arrived. Where the previous games build on the legendary 'Ocarina of Time', I assume that torch has finally been passed on to this game, for future games.

'Breath of the Wild' still does look back to it's earliest predecessor however; the original 'Zelda' on the NES, and that's what keeps it familiar. The player is thrown into the world with little to go on, but soon learns the end of it all is at the castle in the centre of the land with the defeat of Ganon. And this land is vast, varied and filled with secrets to find and quests to complete. The world is alive, and the physics, actual laws of nature they created, add to a form of realism and freedom in a game I have never seen before. Where other Zelda games' names usually reference an item or certain gameplay mechanic, the star of this game really is it's world. And as such the name is aptly chosen. You may wipe the tears from your cheeks now.

In early screenshots of the character-select select screen in this game, a certain magic reptile is there in the place of a certain strong mammal.

S.Peelman said:
In early screenshots of the character-select select screen in this game, a certain magic reptile is there in the place of a certain strong mammal.

mario kart 64

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD