By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doom Nintendo Switch First Impression

HintHRO said:
Wait it released today? There's not even a little bit of marketing for it.

true, but based on some things it seems to be selling OKAY, on Amazon USA it got up to like #20 on the bestsellers list. In the end, with it being a port, I have a feeling Bethesda just was looking for some easy sales/money and didn't feel it was necessary to market heavily.

This should sell a few hundred thousand on the Switch through the holidays easily.

I certainly would expect to see some ads for Skyrim for the Switch though in the next week. I think that game might do extremely well given it will be the first Elder Scrolls on a Nintendo system and there are so many Zelda fans 

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

This should sell a few hundred thousand on the Switch through the holidays easily.

Hopefully it reaches the million mark lifetime and sends a message that Switch owners want more games like this.

Soooo much better than I was expecting. It's tough, too. I think I'm going to brake it down and play on easy mode. Gorgeous, gorgeous game. I can't believe my screen when I look at it.

I haven't played this on Xbox or PS so I decided to pick it up for Switch and I have to say I am delightfully impressed with the game.

For 30fps this game runs very smooth and fast. Doesn't bother me at all, in fact I think it plays just fine. The graphics are good, not great but very good.

Very happy with the game so far. I may have to buy it for XOX now.

Its literally the best FPS game on a handheld, period. Thats the impressive part.

Around the Network

It seem that game is selling quite good, which is great, I hope that Doom and Skyrim will sell great on Switch.

The game looks great and runs smooth. Not once has the game felt not on par with current gen titles. The lower res is pretty much unnoticeable once you stop looking for it and just play the game.

Well done Bethesda...well done.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

cannonballZ said:
I haven't played this on Xbox or PS so I decided to pick it up for Switch and I have to say I am delightfully impressed with the game.

For 30fps this game runs very smooth and fast. Doesn't bother me at all, in fact I think it plays just fine. The graphics are good, not great but very good.

Very happy with the game so far. I may have to buy it for XOX now.

... so it was Mirosofts plan all this time, hmmm, interesting... *takes notes*

Been playing it for a while and I am very sattisfied with the game. Hopefully it sells well and we get more games like this.

sethnintendo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31qxrXsxv0

now i remember why i liked wiifit... ultimate shag party game