By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo plans to make 25 million to 30 million Switch game consoles next fiscal year

GhaudePhaede010 said:
China!

Forgot all about that. That would do it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I feel like you should know better than anyone that casual and gimmicky Wii-like experiences aren't even synonyms. 

Let me rephrase; if they think they are going to sell this many units by making games like 3-4 Switch, Switch Fit, Switch Sports, etc, they are badly deluded.

There are other casual-friendly games that Nintendo produces outside of the Wii-brand (though I do believe that we will eventually get a rebranded Wii Sports title some time down the road).  There's Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Rhythm Heaven, 2D Mario, Mario Party, Tomodachi and Brain Age (though I think that franchise is dead) off the top of my head.  Nintendogs in particular is almost guaranteed a sequel in my eyes.  It may not be the 20m+ seller that it was on the DS but even in its 4m+ form on the 3DS, it's still close to being a tentpole title.

This just screams incoming price drop.

The guy who said China hit the nail right on the head. China has the most gamers in the world. This shows Nintendo intends to sell there.

curl-6 said:
Shikamo said:

Nintendo’s Mr. Kimishima said the company would release more games for casual users next year.

Source

This worries me.

Switch has sold as well as it has because it appeals to core gamers; trying to recapture the Wii crowd by focusing on gimmicky software aimed at non-gamers would be a huge mistake.

To be fair Animal Crossing is also casual game, and most people here including me think that we will have Animal Crossing next year.

And Nintendo several times until now said: "that they "preparing game software that provides Switch users with new “experiences”. The software has the potential to attract new users and boost sales. “We will introduce more ways to have fun with the Switch next year, and we expect those will further strengthen demand for the Switch". I think this means more casual games but also more mature/hardcor games also.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-switch-stock-sales-and-tease-capcom-and-koei-tecmo-on-support/

Zach808 said: 
This just screams incoming price drop.

No it doesnt, I dont say we want have price cut next year, but most of this year they didn't had enuf stock because huge demand and they expecting that demand next year will be even bigger, but that doesnt screem price drop at all.

Around the Network

Nintendo seems very confident so they definitely preparing some strong titles for next year too, they probably counting on some strong 3rd party games also (maybe GTAV), also its posible that they planing to relase Switch Mini/Pocket next year.

Hopefully that means no more shortages :D

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well, people do realize that Yoshi is also on the casual side, right? As much as I like woolly world, you can tell its made for kids/casuals by how braindead easy it is, and how the game's aesthetic is.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I really hope this speculation about China turns out to be true! For anyone who is familiar with that market: Do you think Switch will be a popular console for Chinese consumers?

BrittinShicks said:

I really hope this speculation about China turns out to be true! For anyone who is familiar with that market: Do you think Switch will be a popular console for Chinese consumers?

It will come down to three things:

1) Advertising.

2) Price of console.

3) Pricing model of Arena of Valor.

If they nail all three of these things, they will be in great position since Switch can be advertised as an awesome gaming tablet that plays the country's favorite MOBA and Pokemon. And if the pricing model of said MOBA is right, then the country will accept the console. However, it will be a slight uphill battle as we have seen both Sony and Microsoft try and fail miserably in China. The chance is there, however.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000