By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo plans to make 25 million to 30 million Switch game consoles next fiscal year

Miyamotoo said:
peachbuggy said:

I agree. It's  a flexible number and therefore can be adjusted up or down, depending on demand and it is probably good for some to be kept in hand to accommodate for SW spikes etc. Also those figures are not set in stone and apparently not even by Nintendo. I have no idea why Don is arguing with you.

Thats my point, but some how Don failed to see that and keep aruging about nothing basicly.

DonFerrari said:

Nope, you tried to glue anything to the wall.

Yes they can make more than they'll sell. The point is explicity producing 5M more when selling 20 to 25M. They will produce and sell during the whole year, but suddenly they'll end the year with 5M in the factory. They way you defend your point they will end the FY with 5M on factory plus the amount on channels on the quietier quarter of the year.

Yes Nintendo can scale up or down the production, with extra cost when slowing down because they have to compensate for 1 Quarter or more worth of unsold inventory. And exactly because they can adjust production that it makes 0 sense to produce so much unsold material to wait for next quarter demand that outstrip what they can regularly produce and all that on a quiet quarter.

You relly have some problem with reading!? :D

I don't defending anything, I say there are possibilities why they can make more consoles than they can ship, and they are all very logical. Nothing is set in stone, this is not official, and even if that's official Nintendo can changes plans (slow down or speed up production). You clearly acting very unreasonable here.

So I'm incapable of reading? Your personal attack isn't lessened by a Smile.

Yes you were. And it isn't a case of producing more than shipping as at any given time there will be some small amount of products inside the factory, the point is they would have 20% of the amount they sold on the previous year on their factory plus what is already on channels all to inside your "argumentation" prevent droughts, on the Q1...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats my point, but some how Don failed to see that and keep aruging about nothing basicly.

You relly have some problem with reading!? :D

I don't defending anything, I say there are possibilities why they can make more consoles than they can ship, and they are all very logical. Nothing is set in stone, this is not official, and even if that's official Nintendo can changes plans (slow down or speed up production). You clearly acting very unreasonable here.

So I'm incapable of reading? Your personal attack isn't lessened by a Smile.

Yes you were. And it isn't a case of producing more than shipping as at any given time there will be some small amount of products inside the factory, the point is they would have 20% of the amount they sold on the previous year on their factory plus what is already on channels all to inside your "argumentation" prevent droughts, on the Q1...

What ever suits you, you constantly ignoring points that I made, I am done here, you so you can continue with this alone..