By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo plans to make 25 million to 30 million Switch game consoles next fiscal year

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont see how that has anything with possibilities that I mentione. It's obvious that this situation with Switch (huge popularty and sales, with huge stock problems  because parts shortages on market) is not regular.

If you don't see then you are being silly.

If there is no financial sense and precedence to keep 5M inventory at the end of the FY is crazy.

You are acting silly, I gave you couple of reasons why it's possible that Nintendo will make more units than they can ship, but you totally ignoring that. And again, its not like they will produce 5m in one day and conserve them for next FY (lol), production is through the whole year, which means that if Nintendo observe that they need to slow down (or speed up) production, they can take appropriate action.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

If there is no financial sense and precedence to keep 5M inventory at the end of the FY is crazy.

You are acting silly, I gave you couple of reasons why it's possible that Nintendo will make more units than they can ship, but you totally ignoring that. And again, its not like they will produce 5m in one day and conserve them for next FY (lol), production is through the whole year, which means that if Nintendo observe that they need to slow down (or speed up) production, they can take appropriate action.

I agree. It's  a flexible number and therefore can be adjusted up or down, depending on demand and it is probably good for some to be kept in hand to accommodate for SW spikes etc. Also those figures are not set in stone and apparently not even by Nintendo. I have no idea why Don is arguing with you.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:
Clearly this can only mean 1 thing.

Ice Climbers 2 confirmed.

Your joking but you kno aside from being needed to put back into smash, i wish they made a platformer that required puzzle based movements requiring two characters. (Not like banjokazooie/whookalano)

They need some love.... Also KI:U2 pls... Most underrated game last gen it pisses me off.

If they were going to do a platformer that required 2 character movement so solve puzzles, they should have done that on the Wii U.  Having two separate screens would have really opened up some possibilities in that regard, allowing players to work in completely different areas and communicate.  You can still do that sort of thing with multiple switches or even splitscreen but it won't work nearly as well. 

I totally agree on KI being underrated.  I'd even go so far as to say it was my favorite game last gen.  I'd love to see a sequel or update with better online multiplayer options (for example a mode where you use preset stock weapons for better balance, a mode with vehicles and such, or a team based boss rush or raid mode).  Sadly Sakurai seems uninterested, and I'm not sure it'd work without him.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope, you tried to glue anything to the wall.

Yes they can make more than they'll sell. The point is explicity producing 5M more when selling 20 to 25M. They will produce and sell during the whole year, but suddenly they'll end the year with 5M in the factory. They way you defend your point they will end the FY with 5M on factory plus the amount on channels on the quietier quarter of the year.

Yes Nintendo can scale up or down the production, with extra cost when slowing down because they have to compensate for 1 Quarter or more worth of unsold inventory. And exactly because they can adjust production that it makes 0 sense to produce so much unsold material to wait for next quarter demand that outstrip what they can regularly produce and all that on a quiet quarter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

peachbuggy said:
Miyamotoo said:

I agree. It's  a flexible number and therefore can be adjusted up or down, depending on demand and it is probably good for some to be kept in hand to accommodate for SW spikes etc. Also those figures are not set in stone and apparently not even by Nintendo. I have no idea why Don is arguing with you.

Thats my point, but some how Don failed to see that and keep aruging about nothing basicly.

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nope, you tried to glue anything to the wall.

Yes they can make more than they'll sell. The point is explicity producing 5M more when selling 20 to 25M. They will produce and sell during the whole year, but suddenly they'll end the year with 5M in the factory. They way you defend your point they will end the FY with 5M on factory plus the amount on channels on the quietier quarter of the year.

Yes Nintendo can scale up or down the production, with extra cost when slowing down because they have to compensate for 1 Quarter or more worth of unsold inventory. And exactly because they can adjust production that it makes 0 sense to produce so much unsold material to wait for next quarter demand that outstrip what they can regularly produce and all that on a quiet quarter.

You relly have some problem with reading!? :D

I don't defending anything, I say there are possibilities why they can make more consoles than they can ship, and they are all very logical. Nothing is set in stone, this is not official, and even if that's official Nintendo can changes plans (slow down or speed up production). You clearly acting very unreasonable here.

Around the Network

Ok I read from somewhere that one of the reasons why Nintendo is being so bullish about the Switch is due to the economy. Apparently Japan,Europe and United States are all going to have good economic times in the future. This will boost sales of all consoles. However it will best help the Switch since PS4 and Xbox One will be too old while the Switch will be peaking at this time.

We will see if this is right.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

So Nintendo will make Nvidia produce all those obsolete, 20nm tegra X1s, that are more expensive to manufacture than the cheaper & superior X2s? I think there's some missing info , and I'm betting we see a power efficient Switch Lite (looks like Vita, no joycons) by fall '18 to sell alongside the remainder stock of the OG Switch. Then a new/pro version the following year, to take advantage of that chip's power bump.

I didn't see this being brought up, so for comparison, here are the sales of the DS by fiscal year

3/31/05: 5.27
3/31/06: 11.46
3/31/07: 23.56
3/31/08: 30.31
3/31/09:31.18
3/31/10:27.11
3/31/11:17.52
3/31/12:5.10

The 3DS came out in early 2011. If it hadn't, the DS would have likely just kept on going. Also, although everyone is pointing towards Pokemon, the best selling game for the DS was actually New Super Mario Bros at 30.8 million.

If the software is right, then 25 million next FY is possible.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

That seems incredily ambitious considering the casual market is on other mobile devices and Switch is pretty easy to find.

Sure it will do fine either way.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ignore

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)