By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rian Johnson to produce new Star Wars Trilogy

So Episodes 10, 11, and 12 are now officially confirmed! I'm excited XD here's a sample of the article:

"Disney has closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019." 

Source and full article: http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

Additional details:

-New Trilogy will focus on entirely new cast completely removed from the Skywalker family line

-Claims will explore previously unexplored parts of Star Wars

-No official time line for when they'll come out yet nor when these movies will take place (before Prequels, after Sequels, or perhaps alongside a Trilogy but separate) 

Around the Network

Lube Me Up

I won't even be around for this trilogy

Makes sense.
2017 -8
18- solo
19-9
20- kenobi
21 part 1 new trilogy
22 solo 2 or other spinoff
23 part 2 new trilogy
24 spinoff- solo2, 3 or kenobi 2
25 part 3 new trilogy

I figured they would introduce a new trilogy, almost certainly a prequel one, I had really hoped it would be Kotor or bane related. Doing this allows them to take a break from the main saga for 7-10 years.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You can make it! I hope!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Makes sense.
2017 -8
18- solo
19-9
20- kenobi
21 part 1 new trilogy
22 solo 2 or other spinoff
23 part 2 new trilogy
24 spinoff- solo2, 3 or kenobi 2
25 part 3 new trilogy

I figured they would introduce a new trilogy, almost certainly a prequel one, I had really hoped it would be Kotor or bane related. Doing this allows them to take a break from the main saga for 7-10 years.

Rumors say Johnson is interested in doing an Old Republic Trilogy

COKTOE said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You can make it! I hope!

Think about it though. They will keep Star Wars going to 2089 and 2120 and 2675 and beyond. It's kind of scary, really. Loving a franchise and knowing it doesn't die with you. We'll never see the real end of Star Wars! 

Well they're certainly getting their money's worth out of that purchase. Gonna chime in as well for some Old Republic stories.

I used to be a Star Wars fan, as I kid I knew a lot of lines from the OG trilogy word by word. Now I think the new stuff sucks, they are milking the SW cow way too much and it is losing its appeal, at least to me.

darkrulier said:
I used to be a Star Wars fan, as I kid I knew a lot of lines from the OG trilogy word by word. Now I think the new stuff sucks, they are milking the SW cow way too much and it is losing its appeal, at least to me.

You're not alone. I remember the announcement of the Star Wars prequels filled me with such joy. Now this announcement fills me with contempt. 

I really don't know what's worse: three shitty prequels in six years, or one mediocre, designed-by-committee Star Wars spin-off every year until we're all dead.