By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom for Switch Reviews - 78 Metacritic (45 critics)

Flilix said:
I feel like some of these reviews are mostly focussing on how good it runs on Switch compared to other platforms, rather than on how good the actual game is.

Late port on a handheld platform with weaker power - yes it was to expect reviews would go this way.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I want it. But not $80 CAD want it. Hope it goes on sale during the holidays (or other games go on sale)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Flilix said:
I feel like some of these reviews are mostly focussing on how good it runs on Switch compared to other platforms, rather than on how good the actual game is.

They've already played and reviewed Doom as a point of reference on the other platforms, so they only need to show how the Switch version holds up in comparison. It was always going to be a lower quality version, but it's good to see that it compares reasonably well.
The portability will be enough of a selling point for many.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ofcourse it is lower than others, what is the problem here ?

What do you mean 'of course'?

I wasn't that keen on it, on xbox one with the faster frame rate and graphics. I got a bit bored after a while, still enjoyed it for an occasionally bash when I fancied playing something different. Reviews seem fair, downgrade in graphics and half the frame rate. I wouldn't pay top dollar for it. I paid about £8-9 for it on xbox one pre-owned. I wouldn't want to pay more than that. For me Skyrim or Fallout 4 are more important games as they have a lot more content and give much better value.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ofcourse it is lower than others, what is the problem here ?

The only pro, is the portability the rest is the same quality or worse.

konnichiwa said:
KLAMarine said:

Portability is a pretty sweet pro.

KLAMarine said:
konnichiwa said:

I don't think you could use portability as a reason to score a game higher, even though it's obviously a big selling-point.
You still have to judge a game based on how it feels to play.

I'm certain the game was never intended to be played natively on a handheld (not anytime this decade), so the fact they could make a straight port this competent and comparable, is extremely impressive.

I can't wait to try it soon, and see if I also want to wait for Wolfenstein II on Switch.

Shaunodon said:
KLAMarine said:

I don't think you could use portability as a reason to score a game higher, even though it's obviously a big selling-point.

I'm certain the game was never intended to be played natively on a handheld (not anytime this decade), so the fact they could make a straight port this competent and comparable, is extremely impressive.

I can't wait to try it soon, and see if I also want to wait for Wolfenstein II on Switch.

Noted. Picking up my copy tomorrow.

Shaunodon said:
KLAMarine said:

You sure as heck can.

Take Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. That was a great game, imo. I would rate it like 7.5-8/10

If that game had come out on the switch instead of the WIi U though, I would rate it probably between an 8-8.5/10

Yes same game sure, but the option of playing it portable is a huge plus. Picking up your switch and popping out a level or two before bed or on the bus, or ect just would mess so well. Portability improves that game.

Now for Doom? IDK. Maybe for some. I don't see me using the portable factor at all if I were to get this game. Doom has always been a sitting on computer chair, lights off, sound up and killing demons to me.