By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Satire] Jim Sterling Gives Mario Odyssey A.......... 7!

Is Mario Odyssey a 7?

Yes 95 28.96%

No 71 21.65%

Jim sucks 162 49.39%

Total:328

he probably waited till all reviews are out - to give an anti score and be talked about.

Switch!!!

Around the Network

There are times where I really don't feel like showing my Nintendo badge to the public. This is one of those times.

This just basically cements in that he gave Zelda a 7 for views.

I mean he has now made what "two" click bait videos on Mario Odyssey for giving it a 7. A fake 7, but still two whole videos basically just to rile up views and controversy.

He gave it a 7, not a 7/10. People need to get their facts straight.

SW-5120-1900-6153

irstupid said:

I mean he has now made what "two" click bait videos on Mario Odyssey for giving it a 7. A fake 7, but still two whole videos basically just to rile up views and controversy.

How on earth are his two mario odyssey videos "clickbait" or "controversial".

Around the Network
StuOhQ said:

I don't justify Jim Sterling with a view anymore. It's clearly click bait. He did the same thing with BOTW. Pick a really popular and well reviewed game and create a review that falls WAY outside of the margins.

Nem said: 

Is this collective hysteria or some sort of sarcasm? Jim didn't review the game, your biases are showing boys. :p

And, no, as stated I didn't watch the review. I've grown weary of Sterling altogether and this didn't seem unlikely.

You can't watch that wich doesn't exist.

I do think the OP was trying to catch Nintendo fans in their biases... and seems to have suceeded quite spectacularly.

Either that or he showed his. xD

Clickbait/misleading thread titles aren't allowed. Changed the thread title to be more clear what the content of the thread is about.

irstupid said:

How exactly are they clickbait? He covers all games in similar manner, and called SMO one of the best games of the year in the video. The 7 was just a joke on the fake review someone posted on twitter earlier, and the fact that people are taking this so seriously is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that if the 7 was a clickbait, it should have been a part of the title of the thumbnail. 

If anyone did clickbait, it was ALA... and appears to have worked...

jlauro said:
If anyone did clickbait, it was ALA... and appears to have worked...

It does kind of prove a point though. My title might have been clickbait, but my OP was so over the top and I even linked the video. The joke is used by Jim himself, so it's not like I made a thread to drive unneeded hate towards it.

The "clickbait" really just shows how many people attack someone for no reason without even bothering to listen to an ounce of the video linked. I mean, reading one line of the OP should have made it obvious it was satire.