By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rank the Kingdoms in Super Mario Odyssey

Rank the Super Mario Odyssey kingdoms from most to least favorite! I excluded Cloud Kingdom and Ruined Kingdom since they're so tiny.

1. Metro Kingdom: Who would have thought this idea would work so well? Not me, that's for sure. But this kingdom is just sheer fun to mess around in. Some of the most fun I've had in any game in ages. I almost feel like they married the awesome Spiderman 2 game with a Super Mario game, and the result is incredible. Bouncing off taxis, riding the mopeds, swinging off the streetlamps, climbing scaffolding and scaling the skyscrapers...all such a blast. And the festival is definitely the highlight of the whole game for me. 

2. Sand Kingdom: Tons to do here, lots of variety. Like the night and day element. Cool idea to have it partially frozen and then thawing it opening up lots of new moons and things to do. The jaxi is a lot of fun to speed through the desert with, and Mario's new roll ability is a ton of fun here too. The Dia De Los Muertos inspired town is awesome and the residents are probably the most memorable new characters introduced in the game. 

3. Mushroom Kingdom: Talk about a nostalgia rush done right! This is fan service in a game of the absolute highest caliber. It looks absolutely stunning, and there's way more to do than I expected there would be. 

4. Luncheon Kingdom:  Looks and reminds me the most of a galaxy in one of the Galaxy games, which is a huge win to me since those are my favorite Mario games. All the colors and the art style is just gorgeous in docked mode. Such a creative kingdom. 

5. Lake Kingdom: Absolutely love the look and vibe of this one. The domed underwater city is like a Super Mario Atlantis, which is awesome in my book. Could have probably made a play for my favorite if it were one of the bigger ones and they had done more with the city area.

6. Seaside Kingdom: Yet another stunning looking Kingdom. The bubble octopus things are one of the most fun captures. Though I do wish this and Lake Kingdom had swapped in terms of size, since I think there was much more potential with Lake Kingdom for the bigger area. 

7. Wooded Kingdom: Still think this kingdom looks kind of ugly, just like I have ever since the first trailer. But there's a lot to do and a lot of variety, with some cool captures. 

8. Cascade Kingdom: Love the music, great layout for a beginning world, and the T-rex capture remains too cool. Much like I wish Lake and Seaside had swapped size, I wish this was one of the bigger kingdoms over Wooded.

9. Bowser's Kingdom: The Japanese castle look is really cool, but I have to say it loses huge points for me for never actually getting to any kind of interior of the castle. I totally thought that's what it was leading to, and was disappointed it just stays outside the whole time. 

10. The Moon: Love the nod to the Galaxy games with the gravity mechanics. Does start to look and feel kind of monotonous though before long. The chapel is really cool. 

11. Snow Kingdom: Love the look of the town and the residents and how it's nestled underground beneath the snow. Kind of small and forgettable otherwise though. 

12. Cap Kingdom: One of the most visually interesting, would be a lot higher if there was more to it.

13. Lost Kingdom: Something about all the purple goop and the layout of the kingdom are off putting to me. And damn if that stupid gliding dino thing isn't the most annoying capture in the game by far to control. Hate that they actually expect you to land it on those tiny platforms scattered around. 

Around the Network

HyrulianScrolls said:

13. Lost Kingdom: Something about all the purple goop and the layout of the kingdom are off putting to me. And damn if that stupid gliding dino thing isn't the most annoying capture in the game by far to control. Hate that they actually expect you to land it on those tiny platforms scattered around. 

What's so hard about controlling the gliding dinosaur?

All you have to do is hold B.

PAOerfulone said:

HyrulianScrolls said:

What's so hard about controlling the gliding dinosaur?

All you have to do is hold B.

I just think the way it controls is clunky, especially given the layout of the kingdom and all the little platforms. 

1. Sand Kingdom

2. Mushroom Kingdom

3. Bowsers Kingdom

4. Lake Kingdom

5. Luncheon Kingdom

6. Wooded Kingdom

7. Seaside Kingdom

8. Snow Kingdom

9. Metro Kingdom

10. Moon Kingdom

11. Lost Kingdom

12. Cap Kingdom

13. Cascade Kingdom

14. Ruined kingdom

15. Cloud Kingdom

Last edited by Green098 - on 05 November 2017

Too long, I'll just list my top 5 in order .

1. Seaside Kingdom
2. Mushroom Kingdom
3. Metro Kingdom
4. Sand Kingdom
5. Wooded Kingdom

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Most disappointing I'd say is Bowser's kingdom. It was definitely great, but I really wanted to get inside and perhaps see more to it. Still an 8/10 for me

Also, the moon was pretty cool. Wish they had some more implemented into it. Would've been neat if they had a vehicle or the some other whacky stuff.

13. The Moon, Very disappointed with this kingdom, hardly anything to do here (other than the lava area) but I was expecting the wedding itself to be a kingdom, instead of a moon. A wedding kingdom was going to be awesome but it never happened.
12. Cap kingdom
11. Seaside kingdom, too generic of a beach level, it has great visuals here and the enemy equivalent to the F.L.U.D.D. was awesome but everything else was meh.
10. Mushroom Kingdom, don't have any feelings for mario 64 but remastered boss fights and n64 mario is cool.
9. Lake Kingdom, I like the zippers.
8. Wooded Kingdom, Great kingdom, lots of moons and the t-rex area is cool.
7. Lost Kingdom
6. Cascade Kingdom, Feels like bomb-omb battlefield in a sense, but this time you get to take over the chain chomps. It feels like any 1st mario level, which makes it great.
5. Luncheon Kingdom, Great platforming and artstyle
4. Metro Kingdom
3. Bowser's Kingdom, love its linearity but openness after you beat the main objective
2. Snow Kingdom, I love it I love it I love it, its so cold and you feel cold just looking at it
1. Sand Kingdom, this kingdom is so pretty, the biggest kingdom in the game and is packed with so much to do. I feel the sense of progression mostly in this kingdom.

My top 5:

1. Bowser's Kingdom (Awesome music and aesthetics, plus the beak-stabbing bird was my favourite capture in the whole game, climbing walls with it was so fun)

2. Sand Kingdom (Lots to explore and a nice variety of different challenges)

3. Cascade Kingdom (Superb music, did a good job of easing the player into the game's mechanics, the T-Rex capture was epic)

3. Lost Kingdom (The stretchy caterpillars were my second favourite capture in the game)

5. Wooded Kingdom (The uproots and tanks were fun captures, and the flower-stealing UFO boss was cool)