By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Japanese Third Parties Unconvinced Of The Switch Are Now Scrambling

Good. About time they got their act together and actually support the company that has kept them afloat for the past years.

Except Capcom. Screw Capcom.

Last edited by routsounmanman - on 05 November 2017

Around the Network

Thats actually almost whole week old news, and I think that "2019" statement was referred to mostly to Capcom after what they said.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232555&page=1

NintendoPie said:
It's harsh to other Japanese developers to use an image of a Capcom game as a representation of this topic. Capcom can't just be considered slow, but also incompetent and... weird.

Agree.

Slarvax said:
Nautilus said:
Well, that was beyond evident given that few japanese came for it, save the exclusive projects, in 2017.I mean, Capcom is a prime example of that with MH World, though you could say that its simply Capcom being Capcom.

And well, thats also an unfortunate news, since I would like to play many japanese games on my Switch.Well, hopefully they get those developers back to work and being incentivized with a whip, because I want those games as soon as possible!

MH World started development before the Switch was a thing.

MH XX tho? They ported it to the Switch, but released it 3 months after launch? When it could have been a launch title? That's Capcom.

True, but they didn't even invite Nintendo to the negociations while they certainly must have known some details about the Switch by that point. So clearly they must have been thinking that the NX (as the Switch was still known by that point) would be a flop.

As for Koei Tecmo, yeah they are supporting the Switch... in Japan! But why are they not bringing their games to the west? Similar thing with Sqeenix, where's DQH I&II?

I actually don't get why it is such a huge issue for some people that third parties are being cautious about the success of a new console. There's never any guarantee that a console is going to be a profitable platform for a developer, and even if it would have been a success in Japan, one region isn't enough to justify a huge support for any console outside of niche titles and genres.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
It's harsh to other Japanese developers to use an image of a Capcom game as a representation of this topic. Capcom can't just be considered slow, but also incompetent and... weird.

This games says otherwise.

And nobody could blame them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Darashiva said:
I actually don't get why it is such a huge issue for some people that third parties are being cautious about the success of a new console. There's never any guarantee that a console is going to be a profitable platform for a developer, and even if it would have been a success in Japan, one region isn't enough to justify a huge support for any console outside of niche titles and genres.

See that's completely wrong. Any developer not developing for Nintendo right now is obviously a Nintendo hater. If you don't blindly throw millions at an unreleased Nintendo console you're not only a hater but also very stupid because Nintendo consoles are always guaranteed to make you a profit. And if they don't it's obviously your game's fault for being terrible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
NintendoPie said:

- Snip-perclipped -

This games says otherwise.

You can't just show the good side my friend, show the bad side too .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

It's kind of funny to see the posts in this thread pitying 3rd party japanese developers when it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things once we consider the development cycle of a new high production value game in this day and age ... 

The only thing you can expect out of a new system from 3rd parties are ports so most 3rd party japanese developers are doing just fine in that regard ... 

Hynad also makes a valid point that japanese developers don't recoup the cost in just selling to their own domestic market and 2019 is a perfectly fine timeframe for the wave of japanese game releases ...

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 05 November 2017