By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 yearly sales=PS3 yearly sales

I just noticed that the PS3 sales for the '07 fiscal are exactly the same as X360

07-April-2007>05-April-2008

ConsoleX360
Total

ConsolePS3
Total

When Japan is added later, the numbers will look like this (if the same as famitsu):

PS3: 8.793mil

X360: 8.781mil

Just 12k difference over the entire fiscal year.  It will be interesting what numbers Microsoft and Sony release.

Around the Network

PS3 in her second year = Xbox360 in her third year

it is easy to see which console is in better position in term of sales potential WW.

Time to Work !

What's particullary interesting was that I was under the impression that the 360 had a fairly strong fiscal year, and the PS3 had a weak year.

SamuelRSmith said:
What's particullary interesting was that I was under the impression that the 360 had a fairly strong fiscal year, and the PS3 had a weak year.

Well the first part of the fiscal year (about April til October) were very weak. But obviously sales have picked up enough to match up, now things can only increase further.

The fact that the 360 had huge hitters like Halo 3 in that year and only came even with PS3 sales (which had a pretty awful year untill recently) isn't so good for the 360 at all!

Around the Network

Wow ... 360 is in much more trouble than I thaught ... man thats close , and not even H3 couldent do anything to stop it ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The amazing thing is that they were both still outsold by the PS2 over the same timeframe.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 07th Apr 2007 to 05th Apr 2008:

ConsolePS3X360PS2
Total

Ps2 is just king of kings

''Hadouken!''

Its surprising yes that the 360 with the best games in that year sold less than ps3.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

In Europe, the PS3 actually outsold the 360.
With approximitly 4 mill versus 3 mill.

''Hadouken!''