By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 & Xbox Two are going to be Monsters!

surprised by 2700u's performance?

yes 46 51.69%

no 43 48.31%

Total:89

And this is just on 14nm? The near future looks encouraging.

I didn't think we could theoretically have a portable XBO or PS4 so soon. Whether MS or Sony want to bother is another story.

Around the Network

Xbox2? The last Microsoft console has an official name. It is called Xbox One X...

Hunting Season is done...

I don't know what any of these things mean, but it sounds very impressive.

Chazore said:
shikamaru317 said:

Will it though, with the push for native 4k next gen? I'd have to look at some more benchmarks, but I'm not sure if there is any current GPU that uses GDDR5 instead of GDDR5X that can play current games at native 4K on ultra settings. And next gen consoles will be pushing for even better graphics than the current PC ultra settings most likely, just like PS4/XB1 pushed for better graphics than 2011-2012 PC games on Ultra. 

Pushing above what PC can do?.

THen what is SC pushing for?.

A 2025 release date...

Hunting Season is done...

RolStoppable said:
shikamaru317 said:

Why wouldn't it? They have to keep the CPU power profile low enough for a high power profile GPU (the total power profile can't really exceed 100w or else heat or noise will become an issue), so a desktop class CPU is pretty much out of the question. Mobile Ryzen is at least 4x better than the Jaguar cores in PS4 and XB1 (probably more) which will be plenty for both native 4K and oter improvements compared to current gen. 

I have to ask because of what's written in the original post, is the Switch value of 18w for its CPU alone or for the entire system?

The 18watts of the Switch is the whole system when its docked.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I'm saying that PS5 and XB4 will most likely be aiming for better graphics than current 2017 games on PC Ultra settings when they release in 2019-2021. Obviously by the time PS5/XB4 release PC will have pushed even further ahead, the top PC GPU is up to 13 tflops now, whereas PS5/XB4 will most likely use 10-12 tflops when they release several years from now, so by then the top PC GPU's will probably be in the upper teens tflop wise, maybe even 20 tflop, so PC will still be able to play next-gen games with better graphics than PS5/XB4 can. 

Then why the focus on past visuals rather than the current?. What's done in the past, can easily be done by a current PC, so naturally by 2021, the same of the current time, can also be achieved by a PC made within that year. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Zoombael said:

A 2025 release date...

Visually and technologically speaking, not a release date....

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

shikamaru317 said:

I agree with you, mid-range PC's in whatever year PS5/XB4 release will at least be able to match PS5/XB4, while high-end PC's that year will be able to exceed them. Sorry if I was confusing with my wording before. I was just trying to state that GDDR5 may already struggle with current gen graphics at 4K, so it definitely won't be suitable for next-gen 4K graphics imo, PS5/XB4 will need at least GDDR5X imo. 

it's alright. I just picked up on how you wrote it differently is all .

HoloDust said:

Yeah, at this point great CPU jump is almost given - but what next gen really needs the most is significant GPU jump due to how big 1080p to 4K jump is compared to 720p to 1080p in this gen.

Given that PS4 to PS3 is 8x (or 10x, according to Sony), if we go by that and 4K, PS5 would need to be at least in 15TFLOPs range...personally I'd consider that sort of minimum for 2020 console.

Actually no.

Even if we are speaking holistically (which isn't how hardware works at all) YOu can pretty much go from 1080p to 4k if you can quadriple whatever you use to render 1080p on the chip side of things. 

But if we are to go into more detail.... you don't need 4 times the GPU to render 4 times the pixels if clocks remain the same because theer are things in the rendering pipeline that doesn't scale like that and there are others that are more dependent on memory bandwith and size than processor power.

An 8TF GPU in a console with 12GB of dedicated game fast enough RAM is more than enough to have every game be built on it in native 4k. And we will pretty much have the same spread we have now between the 60fps games and the 30fps games. This ensures the muscle to render the images, have high rez textures and move said textures around fast enogh is all accounted for.

But come 2020, we will be ending up with 12-15TF GPU consoles. That is almost a gaurantee..... unless 7/10nm fabrication doesn't become a thing by then though.

Ka-pi96 said:
I understand almost nothing that's been said in this thread. So... I'll just assume it's all good?

It  means the graphics are going to be that much better, but performance will still suffer as it always does when developers try to out do one another to have the best looking game :)

Lube Me Up