By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 & Xbox Two are going to be Monsters!

surprised by 2700u's performance?

yes 46 51.69%

no 43 48.31%

Total:89

I don't think PS5 use Mobile ryzen.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
TurboElder said:

Consoles doesnt need GGDR5X, GDDR6 or HMB. GDDR5 will be enought.

Will it though, with the push for native 4k next gen? I'd have to look at some more benchmarks, but I'm not sure if there is any current GPU that uses GDDR5 instead of GDDR5X that can play current games at native 4K on ultra settings. And next gen consoles will be pushing for even better graphics than the current PC ultra settings most likely, just like PS4/XB1 pushed for better graphics than 2011-2012 PC games on Ultra. 

Pushing above what PC can do?.

THen what is SC pushing for?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Hiku said:
JRPGfan said:

Too put that into perspective heres a 15watt mobile chip, beating a i7-7600k (base clocks) in a multi tasking benchmark (cinebench):

Isn't it i5-7600k here?

Yeah thats a oopsie!

shikamaru317 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Why wouldn't it? They have to keep the CPU power profile low enough for a high power profile GPU (the total power profile can't really exceed 150w or else heat or noise will become an issue), so a desktop class CPU is pretty much out of the question. Mobile Ryzen is at least 4x better than the Jaguar cores in PS4 and XB1 (probably more) which will be plenty for both native 4K and oter improvements compared to current gen. 

Well, launch PS3 consumed something like around 200W...

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Why not? it would be a huge step up from the core's the PS4 are currently useing.

Heck its beating the Intel equivalent at simular power levels (low power).

Unless you think PS5/XB2 need more than just a mobile ryzen cpu?

Around the Network

Kind of funny how Playstation fans went from "handhelds are dead" to "Sony will release a portable PS4 or 5) in a matter of months.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

shikamaru317 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Why wouldn't it? They have to keep the CPU power profile low enough for a high power profile GPU (the total power profile can't really exceed 150w or else heat or noise will become an issue), so a desktop class CPU is pretty much out of the question. Mobile Ryzen is at least 4x better than the Jaguar cores in PS4 and XB1 (probably more) which will be plenty for both native 4K and oter improvements compared to current gen. 

From the first , Sony was planning to use Intel's  Haswell for PS4.

Then it has changed AMD's Bulldozer.

And 7nm Ryzen core is more smaller than 28nm Jaguar core.

Alkibiádēs said:
Kind of funny how Playstation fans went from "handhelds are dead" to "Sony will release a portable PS4 or 5) in a matter of months.

Not to play devil's advocate (since for last 35+ years, if anything, I'm mostly 3rd party on computers fan), but I think that lot of people find Switch concept interesting, to say at least, but actual execution not that much.

shikamaru317 said:
HoloDust said:

Well, launch PS3 consumed something like around 200W...

Wasn't the launch PS3 like super loud though? I didn't own one, but I seem to recall hearing that. I know PS4 Pro hits about 150 watts when playing more demanding games that have a Pro version, and it's definitely louder than I'd like it to be, quite noticeably louder than my launch model XB1. I would like to see Sony and MS aim for 120 watts at most next gen personally. 

No idea honestly, I only jumped in with PS3 Slim...but I'm quite fine with launch consoles having bit more noise if they're not sacrificing juice...later models will be quiter of course.

d21lewis said:
Game storage size ?

Xbox                      1 GB           2001
Xbox 360            20 GB           2005
Xbox one          500 GB           2013
Xbox whatever     2-10 TB?        ????