By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Vodacixi said:
Shiken said:

Yet you still choose not to.

I'm not the one contradicting the game's director though. Or journalists who have actually played the game who saya that outside of chatacter models the game hasn't changed much xD

Did the director say that though, or the translator?  Not every word has a 1:1 translation, and especially with two similar and relatively ill-defined terms, I'd need to know more about the language difference to know what he's trying to convey.

Hynad said:

When the director of the game, and founder of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need to be like that?

There is no need to address anyone's ego or personality. It's irrelevant and is only going to get in the way of any of any actual discussion.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Hynad said:

When the director of the game, and president of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need to be like that?

An artist can call their work a masterpiece, doesn't make it so. At least I'll admit that the opinion of the creator is not absolute, it doesn't matter as much as one may think, it just adds another perspective. 

While I respectfully disagree with your stance on XC:DE being a remaster, thank you.  Glad someone gets it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Hynad said:

When the director of the game, and founder of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

Ehm, he also said that some parts were not remade, meaning that a lot of parts were remade. Kind of selective.

Vodacixi said:
Nautilus said:

Look who is talking.

I'm gonna enjoy the game regardless of what type of work it is. I wish for nothing at all. If anything, I'm just glad I can now call this game by what it is... 

I also will enjoy it.I just think that, being on a "hardcore" forum, we should call the game by what it is. Kinda maakes the communication easier.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Shiken said:
Hynad said:

I can’t take your input on any of this seriously anymore.

And most can't take anything you say seriously to begin with.  Dodging the question only shows you have no rebuttal.  Have a good one.

Basically the same thing I said to Hynad.  If you two don't take eachother seriously and therefore don't want to continue, that's a good decision.  No more posts along these lines from either of you.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Vodacixi said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game regardless of what type of work it is. I wish for nothing at all. If anything, I'm just glad I can now call this game by what it is... 

I also will enjoy it.I just think that, being on a "hardcore" forum, we should call the game by what it is. Kinda maakes the communication easier.

It only makes communication easier if we're not going to endlessly debate "what it is".  It's been at least a month of this, so it's hard to say it would make communication easier, especially as we could probably use either term and I don't think it would be relevant in most conversations.

OTBWY said:
Hynad said:

Ehm, he also said that some parts were not remade, meaning that a lot of parts were remade. Kind of selective.

Indeed. As per the nature of being a remaster and not a remake, some aspects like assets can be touched up or remade, without having to make the whole thing from scratch. Character faces and textures being such things.

For some reason Monolith just can't seem to make the Switch hardware sing the way they did with Wii and Wii U.

Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and X defied preconceptions of what their hardware was capable of with their impressive, system-pushing worlds, yet Xenoblade 2 and now Xenoblade Definitive Edition are graphically mediocre by Switch standards.

Hynad said:
OTBWY said:

Indeed. As per the nature of being a remaster and not a remake, some aspects like assets can be touched up or remade, without having to make the whole thing from scratch. Character faces and textures being such things.

But my point is that in this case, where the vast majority of assets are remade, it is a remake.  There is far more going into this than just your average port, which is why the resolution is so low.  If it was mostly the same assets, 1080p docked would have been a given.  But it isn't, as most of it was remade and put on a different engine.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Hynad said:
OTBWY said:

That's where you're wrong my dude, cause the article said (and if we believe the translation is correct) said some parts could not be remade. That means that the rest was. That is a huge difference.