By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Nautilus said:
Vodacixi said:

You wish xD

Look who is talking.

I'm gonna enjoy the game regardless of what type of work it is. I wish for nothing at all. If anything, I'm just glad I can now call this game by what it is... 

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Nautilus said:

Look who is talking.

I'm gonna enjoy the game regardless of what type of work it is. I wish for nothing at all. If anything, I'm just glad I can now call this game by what it is... 

Yet you still choose not to.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Disappointing news, although I'd like to wait for a somewhat more reliable source to confirm. Considering the graphics are the main draw for the remake, I'd have hoped the resolution would be better. Dunno if this would have influenced my decision but I was impatient and wanted to preload so what can you do. On the positive side, you can seemingly adjust exp like you could in Xenoblade 2, which is a great feature.

As someone who was firmly in the remake camp... Some of the recent news puts this more into the gray area. I don't think the resolution really matters to the discussion (you can remake a game with lower quality assets and you can very easily upres a 480p game to 1080p) but comments made seem to indicate that a bit less of the assets were redone than I originally thought. But it still seems like far too significant of a quantity to consider this a remaster, plus the addition of a whole new side campaign really makes it impossible for me to call it a remaster.

Shiken said:
Vodacixi said:

I'm not the one contradicting the game's director though. Or journalists who have actually played the game who saya that outside of chatacter models the game hasn't changed much xD

When the director of the game, and founder of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need to be like that?

Last edited by Hynad - on 25 May 2020

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
Shiken said:

I'm not the one contradicting the game's director though. Or journalists who have actually played the game who saya that outside of chatacter models the game hasn't changed much xD

So what the game's director says is absolute huh?  Then answer me this...

Do you accept with absolute certainty that the Zelda Timeline is true canon, and in no way were they ever meant to be stand alone games?

The director always said a timeline exists.  Hell he even had it put into a book.  But...well you know how people are.

So where do you stand when it comes to that?  We already know you have a double standard with SoC, so what about this?

Hynad said:

When the director of the game, and president of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need?

Same question that I just asked above goes to you too bud.

Shiken said:
Hynad said:

When the director of the game, and president of the company that makes it says the game is a remaster and you have people who say they know better than him...

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need?

I can’t take your input on any of this seriously anymore.

Hynad said:
Shiken said:

I can’t take your input on any of this seriously anymore.

And most can't take anything you say seriously to begin with.  Dodging the question only shows you have no rebuttal.  Have a good one.

Hynad said:

I mean wow. I’ve seen it all. And really, what kind of ego does one need to be like that?

An artist can call their work a masterpiece, doesn't make it so. At least I'll admit that the opinion of the creator is not absolute, it doesn't matter as much as one may think, it just adds another perspective. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.