By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo really need to sort their stock issues out!

peachbuggy said:
Bajablo said:

uhm... if scalpers are buying it.. nintendo sold that hardware.. so tbh. i don't think they care THAT much about it.. sure, would be better to have it in the hands of someone that will play games on it, but you can't control that as a company.
Make 100M more casue there are scalpers, that is not a nintendo issue, thats a scalpers issue

Nintendo beat the Wii scalpers in the end by supplying enough Wii consoles. It looks like they are also trying to address the SNES mini scalpers/shortages problems. I just hope this is the case with the Switch too.

If you're going to complain about supply issues, comparing with Wii might be a mistake.  Switch is way easier to find than Wii (in my neck of the woods anyway) and people were makign the same complaints last time.

Around the Network
couchmonkey said:
peachbuggy said:

Nintendo beat the Wii scalpers in the end by supplying enough Wii consoles. It looks like they are also trying to address the SNES mini scalpers/shortages problems. I just hope this is the case with the Switch too.

If you're going to complain about supply issues, comparing with Wii might be a mistake.  Switch is way easier to find than Wii (in my neck of the woods anyway) and people were makign the same complaints last time.

Too early to tell if it will become an issue but i hope it doesn't end up in a Wii-like situation.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I think it's apparent that Switch will be sold out this Christmas, and I've been predicting as much since about April or May. If I were buying it as a gift for someone, I'd start looking right now.

Edit: It does suck that Nintendo won't have enough to meet demand, but I'm not sure how much more they could do, seems like they've committed to a 40% increase in production at least, judging by some other posts.  Unfortunately, production on these scales takes time.

Edit 2: Wii was so bad, there were still holiday supply issues in 2009/2010! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=103866

Last edited by couchmonkey - on 06 November 2017

peachbuggy said:
couchmonkey said:

Too early to tell if it will become an issue but i hope it doesn't end up in a Wii-like situation.

don't think it will tbh. until pokemon ofc.
if it is 'magical' everyone that has pokemon go will go bananas over it :P and then we have a supply issue regardless

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

couchmonkey said:

I think it's apparent that Switch will be sold out this Christmas, and I've been predicting as much since about April or May. If I were buying it as a gift for someone, I'd start looking right now.

Edit: It does suck that Nintendo won't have enough to meet demand, but I'm not sure how much more they could do, seems like they've committed to a 40% increase in production at least, judging by some other posts.  Unfortunately, production on these scales takes time.

Edit 2: Wii was so bad, there were still holiday supply issues in 2009/2010! http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=103866

I would rather believe the higher production reports, however this is Nintendo we are talking about here. Famous for their conservitism. I would like to think they can supply enough to meet demand but i severely doubt it.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Bajablo said:
peachbuggy said:

don't think it will tbh. until pokemon ofc.
if it is 'magical' everyone that has pokemon go will go bananas over it :P and then we have a supply issue regardless

Well, i hope Nintendo can supply enough for everyone who wants 1 during the holiday season but i'm not very confident they can.

The wiiu had no stock issues. :)

So I am approaching this in a skeptical manner, but I am so far seeing a lot of black friday deals for PS4 and XOne (the standard BF deal seems to be $200 and $190 respectively). The Switch is priced at $300 with a smaller software library that is more expensive. I understand much of this is because of the newness of the system and the library has been gold so far, but I feel a lot of people might just choose an X1 and PS4 over it simply due to the significantly lower price for the systems and the larger library (that again consist of cheaper games). Perhaps I am catastrophizing, but I feel the system may not experience the sales that many seem to expect here due to its price with regards to its competitors. In fact, I am sort of expecting that the system might lose momentum because it is not priced to compete (again maybe this is me just being overly cautious after the Wii U disaster). In that sense it might be best that Nintendo is not oversupplying (although it might be too late, considering Nintendo has apparently dramatically increased production targets).