By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo really need to sort their stock issues out!

peachbuggy said:
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding my point in this post. Whilst i agree any potential Switch customers can easily walk into a retail store and buy a Switch atm, the fact that, so early in the Christmas run-up scalpers are increasing their prices for Switch on Amazon is mildly worrying. With it being so early in the run-up, the Switch is only going to become more in-demand as the holidays near and as soon as the shortages worsen, so the scalpers prices will rise even further. I know it's probably not possible but it would be nice if Nintendo were able to flood the market with enough Switches to deter the scalpers. Even 1 sale at inflated prices on Amazon is a blow to gamers imo and there probably are parents out there with insufficient time to check several retailers. In short, even shortages in 1 place (Amazon) could be harmful not just for Nintendo but also for some gamers and especially disappointed kids on Christmas day.

This needs to reach soooo hard to get a person being let down and disappointed by Nintendo.

If a parent isn't willing to go to a shop to get a product for a present then sure... kid is going to have a bad christmas day, but they'll also probably be annoyed because this same ficticious parent didn't want to go and check a shop for a turkey, because they went into a store which didn't have them so they gave up and cancelled christmas.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
peachbuggy said:
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding my point in this post. Whilst i agree any potential Switch customers can easily walk into a retail store and buy a Switch atm, the fact that, so early in the Christmas run-up scalpers are increasing their prices for Switch on Amazon is mildly worrying. With it being so early in the run-up, the Switch is only going to become more in-demand as the holidays near and as soon as the shortages worsen, so the scalpers prices will rise even further. I know it's probably not possible but it would be nice if Nintendo were able to flood the market with enough Switches to deter the scalpers. Even 1 sale at inflated prices on Amazon is a blow to gamers imo and there probably are parents out there with insufficient time to check several retailers. In short, even shortages in 1 place (Amazon) could be harmful not just for Nintendo but also for some gamers and especially disappointed kids on Christmas day.

This needs to reach soooo hard to get a person being let down and disappointed by Nintendo.

If a parent isn't willing to go to a shop to get a product for a present then sure... kid is going to have a bad christmas day, but they'll also probably be annoyed because this same ficticious parent didn't want to go and check a shop for a turkey, because they went into a store which didn't have them so they gave up and cancelled christmas.

Erm, i'm not sure what to say to this. Whilst i agree it certainly won't be a majority, i'm sure there will be at least some cases of disappointed kids at Christmas, unless Nintendo is able to ship huge amounts of stock. My point is, shortages (only Amazon ik but still) are occuring this early. Looks a bit worrisome to me. Especially as scalpers prices have risen on there in the last few days.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

How are scalpers "scumbags? They're industrious, maybe you don't like it, but they're simply making some extra money on nintendo's inability to produce the proper amount of consoles. They are no more scumbags then Nintendo is - they wouldn't exist if nintendo did their job. Being entrepreneurial isnt being a scumbag, if you dont want to pay an extra $100 for a console then dont pay it. I bought my switch from a scalper for an extra $50 and have no regrets/

contestgamer said:
How are scalpers "scumbags? They're industrious, maybe you don't like it, but they're simply making some extra money on nintendo's inability to produce the proper amount of consoles. They are no more scumbags then Nintendo is - they wouldn't exist if nintendo did their job. Being entrepreneurial isnt being a scumbag, if you dont want to pay an extra $100 for a console then dont pay it. I bought my switch from a scalper for an extra $50 and have no regrets/

I could not possibly imagine a better example of Stockholm Syndrome.

RolStoppable said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Thanksgiving, man. Turkey day is Thanksgiving, not Christmas.

Hmmm we don't have that here in Ireland, just Christmas which is the time for Turkey, Ham, alcohol, presents and uncomfortable chats with your family members about why you want them all to leave so you can get back to Overwatch.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
contestgamer said:

I agree with you to a point. Nintendo should supply enough consoles as it's their bottom line. However i don't agree with the scalpers part. They should be dealt with by your solution though and that is Nintendo supplying enough stock

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I got a neon Switch for my wife without issues at a BestBuy in Texas. They even had stock at multiple nearby stores.

I was checking their stock some weeks before visiting them, and they seem to had a good rate of selling out and restocking.

Widely avaivalable on european amazons. Also gamestop US seems to have it in stock.

?

Keep your hysteria in check.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Widely avaivalable on european amazons. Also gamestop US seems to have it in stock.

?

Keep your hysteria in check.

I'm really not being hysterical! I just feel worried by Nintendo's ability to meet demand this holiday season when 1 of the biggest suppliers has shortages this early.

I hope this problem is resolved quickly.