By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo really need to sort their stock issues out!

StarDoor said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Unless I'm mistaken, with Nintendo's forcast of 14m, that means they plan to ship atleast (because Nintendo always lowballs) 8m Switches from now to March, double the amount of Switches they've shipped in total. The majority of that 8m will most certainly be sent out during these next two months. Even if there still ends up being shortages, anyone who wants one can definitely get one with a little effort.

Their forecast of 14M means they plan on shipping at least 9.11M units. The 14M figure is in addition to the 2.74M they shipped in March. Lifetime shipments will be 16.74M by the end of next March.

Ah I knew I was forgetting something, thanks! Wonder what the split will be. 6m in Nov-Dec then 1m each month after would make sense me thinks but I'm not sure if it's feasible to put out that many Switches in just 2 months.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
StarDoor said:

Their forecast of 14M means they plan on shipping at least 9.11M units. The 14M figure is in addition to the 2.74M they shipped in March. Lifetime shipments will be 16.74M by the end of next March.

Ah I knew I was forgetting something, thanks! Wonder what the split will be. 6m in Nov-Dec then 1m each month after would make sense me thinks but I'm not sure if it's feasible to put out that many Switches in just 2 months.

In 2011, 3DS shipped 8.35M in the holiday quarter alone, so I think it's feasible. At the very least, I can't imagine them shipping any less than 5 million in this holiday quarter, because anything less would push over 4 million units of their projection into the Jan-Mar quarter of next year, and Nintendo has never had such a small gap between the holiday quarter and the following quarter.

StarDoor said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

In 2011, 3DS shipped 8.35M in the holiday quarter alone, so I think it's feasible. At the very least, I can't imagine them shipping any less than 5 million in this holiday quarter, because anything less would push over 4 million units of their projection into the Jan-Mar quarter of next year, and Nintendo has never had such a small gap between the holiday quarter and the following quarter.

Nice, now I'm 100% confident Switch will outsell Wii U by the end of this year!

I don't get the idea that Nintendo are losing a sale... if a Kid wants a Switch for christmas and the parents go and pay a scalper for it... where do you think that scalper got his Switch to sell? you understand these people aren't making the systems right?

Or do you think a parent will check one time online and give up on getting what their kids want? head out and buy an X1 or PS4 instead? that isn't the way it works.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Unless I'm mistaken, with Nintendo's forcast of 14m, that means they plan to ship atleast (because Nintendo always lowballs) 8m Switches from now to March, double the amount of Switches they've shipped in total. The majority of that 8m will most certainly be sent out during these next two months. Even if there still ends up being shortages, anyone who wants one can definitely get one with a little effort.

3DS and WiiU would like to talk to you about lowballed forecasts.

Ganoncrotch said:
I don't get the idea that Nintendo are losing a sale... if a Kid wants a Switch for christmas and the parents go and pay a scalper for it... where do you think that scalper got his Switch to sell? you understand these people aren't making the systems right?

Or do you think a parent will check one time online and give up on getting what their kids want? head out and buy an X1 or PS4 instead? that isn't the way it works.

Well some parents will buy any videogame independent of what child asked or if it's available. Sometimes price, saler talk, etc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

Been sold out on Amazon U.S. for last few days. Scalpers have become even more emboldened and the prices of Switch on Amazon are rising. Looking at Amazon you can literally see Nintendo losing sales and it's only early November! They should be doing all they can to make sure everywhere is fully stocked and help put a stop to those scumbag scalpers!

Nintendo isn't out of stock here. 

Actually I think Amazon has some serious stock issues.  I ordered numerous different items on Amazon and i've gotten emails from them about item delays after the items' release day. So then I go to Walmart or Bestbuy and I see it in stock, so i just buy there and cancel my Amazon order.  Amazon has been dropping the ball for me lately.

Also, just cause Amazon is sold out doesn't mean other places are; Amazon  the rest of the world.  Just got to look around elsewhere.

It's Amazon. You could always go to a brick-and-mortar store instead. Most should still hold stock.

Maybe you should go to an actual physical store, I've seen Switches in Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and GameStop albeit in short amounts, from only having 1 at hand to about 4 max.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Maybe you should go to an actual physical store, I've seen Switches in Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and GameStop albeit in short amounts, from only having 1 at hand to about 4 max.

Is your signature based on Initial-D?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

3DS and WiiU would like to talk to you about lowballed forecasts.

3DS and Wii U cannot speak so if you have a point relevant to my post you needa say it yourself.