TomaTito said:

Did I put too many A's?

Nautilus said:
All hail Spemanig, the prophet!

Our guide has yet to show up :/
How can we follow if he is not here!

d21lewis said:
I'm already full digital.
256GB SD card and every game I own besides Zelda is digital.

I keep all my games on the card and I still have 173GB left after 18 games! This includes heavy hitters like NBA 2K (26GB) and Fire Emblem (13GB) and little titles like Sonic Mania (184MB).

We never doubted you Tim. You saw the light eons ago!
Just need to sell BotW, repent your sins, and then maybe you can get into digital heaven.

okr said:

Same here. My physical copy of BotW will stay in the cartridge slot forever, all other games, no matter if 1st or 3rd party are on the internal storage and the 256GB SD card.

Another one, so close yet so far away. We are all destined to purgatory.

Shiken said:
I will buy all games that have a physical "Switch tax" digitally if the ENTIRE game is on the cart. An example of this is LA Noir where there is a partial download, but the game costs 10 dollars more than if you buy it digital.

If the ENTIRE game is on the cart, I will buy physical regardless of the orice being an extra 10 bucks. It is worth it to avoid the install.

If there is a partial download for physical but the price matches other platforms, I will buy physical to reduce the space used by the SD card.

This is how I am handling the situation and I encourage all other Switch owners to follow this same logic (unless you are going ALL digital anyway. In which case this no longer applies).

I was thinking of doing something similar with PuyoPuyo Tetris which had the Switch tax in Europe (even in the eShop). Luckily I stumbled upon the game for 30eur in a supermarket on launch day... and then I complained about the box inside art

Think that the BoTW is like an extended memory, so all he have is digital

Sandman said:
70 Euros of a licence of use? If my paypal doesn't pay PSN for a month, my Ps4 get banned from the PSN and i CANNOT USE my digital games even if I paid for them, I can resell physical games, I can collect them, I can share them with friends. Please no joke, DD is worth only with 75% discounts. but usually with import and offers from stores I got prices usually half than the ones on PSN.

Not mentioning that with physical games, copies arrives on shop 3-4 days earlier and I can play immediately.

Only games you got for free on PSN+ are blocked, other games work as long as you can login, and if the HW is your primary you don't even need to log, and can use other accounts on the hw as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
KBG29 said:

Depends on if you value in what you get, or value in the ability to re-sell. Digital offers a massive value advantage over physical. With digital you can buy one copy of multiplayer games, and to share it with a family member or a friend, effectively making digital half the cost, a huge value for parents. With digital, there is a greater chance that your purchase will be playable across your home and handheld devices, since handhelds don't use disks. Digital allows you to have complete access to your library anytime, anywhere. 

Everyone has a diffenert definition of value, so in someone elses opinion, having the ability to get $ on a re-sale, or being able to trade/loan games, may be a much greater value. To me, giving the nephews $100 PSN card to get one copy of COD to share, is a much better deal than buying them two physical copies at $200. Even for myself, having the ability to access all of my games from my Vita, or if I wanted, a laptop, or Smartphone, is a massive value, compaired to being limited to one game I leave in the console. Not to mention the many other convienence of digital.

No digital share in the Switch: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226128

Wow, I thought that had been solved with the new Network. In that case, Nintendo is pretty much screwing you over no matter which way you go. They truly are held to their own set of standards, if Sony or MS had pulled this, the backlash would be incredible. 

I would love to drop a nasty rant, but it ain't worth the ban. Instead, I will just say, I would still go digital just for the convenience and the fact I can avoid cluttring my house with more stuff. And, Damn You Nintendo.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

DonFerrari said:

Think that the BoTW is like an extended memory, so all he have is digital

Jejejeje, that's a nice way of putting it, but it is still physical.

KBG29 said:

Wow, I thought that had been solved with the new Network. In that case, Nintendo is pretty much screwing you over no matter which way you go. They truly are held to their own set of standards, if Sony or MS had pulled this, the backlash would be incredible. 

I would love to drop a nasty rant, but it ain't worth the ban. Instead, I will just say, I would still go digital just for the convenience and the fact I can avoid cluttring my house with more stuff. And, Damn You Nintendo.

They might change it whenever the online service comes up. Right now your digital licenses are tied to your account, and you can only have the account active in one device. You must deactivate it in said device whenever you want to play those titles in another hardware where you must activate it.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448/~/what-is-the-difference-between-an-active-and-deactivated-nintendo-switch

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

People who go all digital are like vegans. They never shut up about it, want everyone to be like them and want to be the center of attention so people will give them a gold sticker. Sorry but no. I'm all physical for my games. I'd rather pay 30 bucks for a physical version of a game that digitally is 15 bucks. I collect and I will always collect even if modern gaming forces me to go all retro.

SegataSanshiro said:

People who go all digital are like vegans. They never shut up about it, want everyone to be like them and want to be the center of attention so people will give them a gold sticker. Sorry but no. I'm all physical for my games. I'd rather pay 30 bucks for a physical version of a game that digitally is 15 bucks. I collect and I will always collect even if modern gaming forces me to go all retro.

But it makes you feel so much better! And you'll live longer, games taste better, it's better for the environment, and....

Around the Network
Barozi said:
couchmonkey said:

I like physical...my main complaints with digital are:

- I can't sell a digital game
- I don't know if I can "keep" my digital games if I have to upgrade my console HW 10 years from now
- I hate waiting 10 minutes for patches when I just want to jump in and play
- The storage requirements are frustrating

The others are nothing more than principles.  Point 3 definitely makes a small bit of difference to the game I'm playing.  I've actually switched* to another console and not come back until a later date because I didn't feel like waiting for the loading.

*Ha ha.

I never got that point.
Solution 1: Keep all your games updated and you won't ever need to wait for a specific game to finish downloading.
Solution 2: Play offline. (If it's an online game you have to download the newest version anyway)
Solution 3: As you said, play or do something else. But you don't even have to switch consoles. You can play another physical or digital game on the same console while the other game updates. It's not like you have to stare at the update bar for 10 minutes.

Solution 1 is ideal, I haven't found a way to do it automatically and I'm a lazy console gamer, don't like messing with settings - that's for the PC master race!  Plug and play is my mantra.  But if you have the settings for Xbox One or PS4, I'll gladly go check it out. :)

Solution 2 doesn't seem to work for Forza Horizon 3, but maaaybe it's an exception to the rule.  I honestly haven't touched much else on a consistent basis for the new consoles.

Solution 3: Good ideas.  If I bought everything digitial it would be easier to swtich games, too.  But overall, I like Solution 4: play games by companies like Nintendo that rarely require updates and usually take less than a minute to patch when it is required.

d21lewis said:
SegataSanshiro said:

But it makes you feel so much better! And you'll live longer, games taste better, it's better for the environment, and....

Awesome. :)

lolol The poll result seems to be trying to tell the OP something. Especially the first 3 results. xD