By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch exceeds 2.6m sales in the US; Mario Odyssey exceeds 1.1m in the US

From Business Wire:

"In just five days, the new Super Mario Odyssey video game for the Nintendo Switchsystem sold more than 1.1 million units in the U.S. alone. That makes it the fastest-selling Super Mario game ever in the U.S., surpassing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game. Super Mario Odyssey is also the fastest-selling game so far for Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo has increased supplies of Nintendo Switch to meet demand through the holidays. The total number of Nintendo Switch systems sold in the United States through the end of October now stands at more than 2.6 million."

For context, here is the previous Switch US sales update (as of the end of September):

"Nintendo has confirmed it has sold more than 2m units of the Switch in the United States."

Last edited by Aura7541 - on 02 November 2017

Around the Network

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!

Thats great news!!!
Does it mean that, assuming that the sales of the Switch in Europe is around 2 millions, that the worldwide numbers for the Switch is around 1 million?Thats also a good number!(Just remembered that in Canada it sold around 200K)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Fun fact: this is the 61st million selling Mario game in the US (according to VGChartz).

Lol, I wish I could bring up the predictions. 900k WW FW...man what thread was that!

Around the Network

''surpassing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game'' wait what? So much? This is absolutely huge.

This complicates my bet a little...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Daaaammmnn.

Where's Colin Moriarty now?

Absolutely amazing.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

guiduc said:
''surpassing the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game'' wait what? So much? This is absolutely huge.

It needs to be noted that NSMBW’s first week, compared to a lot of other games, was not particularly impressive. It was impressive for Mario’s first week, but many other games in the US have had better first weeks.

What was truly impressive were NSMBW’s legs afterwards. It sold like pure volcanic fire even after that first week, better than most games out there. That’s what made it sell so well.