By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch exceeds 2.6m sales in the US; Mario Odyssey exceeds 1.1m in the US

Aura7541 said:
p0isonparadise said:

It was. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171019005513/en

Thanks for this link. I'm going to update the link and mention that the 2m figure is as of the end of September.

Woah. Does that mean it sold 600k in October?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Aura7541 said:

Thanks for this link. I'm going to update the link and mention that the 2m figure is as of the end of September.

Woah. Does that mean it sold 600k in October?

It's possible. It largely depends on how much over 2m and 2.6m Nintendo meant.

p0isonparadise said:
brute said:

Was it? I thought that statement was made for September NPD?

It was. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171019005513/en

This is getting interesting! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is huge. This might just be a 20 million seller.

600k sales for Switch in October is also incredibly massive.

Green098 said:
OTBWY said:

He is a Playstation diehard. That's no secret. It's just that it's sad that he won't give Switch or any of the games credit. His comments on BotW were childish to say the least.

I never had much of an opinion on him leaving Kinda Funny at the time other than it was justified, but he wasn't of any focus to me being there or not. But now I'm glad he left after him acting like this. I hope he know's the more he acts like this the less people will take him seriously with these things.

Edit: NVM

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 03 November 2017

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Daaaammmnn.

Where's Colin Moriarty now?

I like how I wrote a comment about this while you were in the middle of discussing it on one of the thread pages and I didn't even realize!

The funny thing is Colin doesn't understand how stupid this is. The Switch is supply constrained. The amount of Switch's being given to Japan in comparison to America is almost equal(I think about 20% more or so are being shipped to America). So the reason  the Switch is """""""only"""""""" at 2 mil in America isn't just because it's a more globally focused console, but also because there's only around 2 million in america in the first place. Imagine if that many Playstation 4s were allocated to Japan and not America. We'd be seeing it "only" selling like 3 million by this point in it's life

TheBlackNaruto said:
flashfire926 said:

I'm not neccessarily talking about sales. The console fails to push the needls forward in anyway. It really has no point to exist in my eyes.

It fails to push forward what needs in anyway? And it having no pointto exist in your eyes does not make it a failure...I am sure you meant no hard it was just an odd comment.

PS4 seems like a great console (I dont ownone myself, looking to get one soon), and I'm sure that it derserves all the success it has gotten.  However, to me the pro variant was completely pointless. Sony was and still is comfortably ahead than its competitors, and its not like the pro caused a huge influx of sales. It doesnt cause harm, but it doesnt benefit them either. Its just..... there. 1 in 5 PS4's sold being a pro seems sorta dissapointing to me. The PS4 would have still kept the monumental momentum, with or without the pro.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Shadow1980 said:
"More than 2.6M," huh? I guess that implies "less than 2.7M" as well. That means the Switch had to have sold at least 276k but no more than 375k in October.

Did they not say that the us had about 2m until the end of september? Now they are saying 2.6m after october.

2.6-2.00=0.6. 5xxk.

To me 2 million for an entire continent sounds very little. All you hear is how Switch is a breaking success, and yet its sales is only 10% of PS4?

I've heard reports that Nintendo increased the production to 2 million units of Switch per month, so how come they sold so little?

EDIT: Sorry if this appears as some kind of trolling, but to me it just felt like this latest generation of consoles jumped to big sales numbers much faster than we saw in the past, especially with the PS4. But perhaps I'm just a little rusty and out of touch with how the market works for console launches.

Last edited by Slimebeast - on 03 November 2017

Slimebeast said:
To me 2 million for an entire continent sounds very little. All you hear is how Switch is a breaking success, and yet its sales is only 10% of PS4?

I've heard reports that Nintendo increased the production to 2 million units of Switch per month, so how come they sold so little?

It literally takes almost no effort to figure this out. Come on, I'm sure you can do it!