By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you have done things differently in the past?

Nope. Just keep going forward and improve your present.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Moonlighter said:

What if the mistake led to prison? I've seen guys transform their lives after prison (others not so much) and not one that I've spoken to said they wouldn't change the decisions that led to it. Even though some learned from the experience, it still has an affect on them later on. 

That is an extreme example. Of course I would change my past if I went to prison. Some mistakes have effects that are too hard on you or me.  When I said that I wouldn't change anything I meant the mistakes I made. Not some imaginary scenario.  

I see. It's an extreme example but lots of people go through extreme cases. Ex - regret on an abortion, carelessness that led to detrimental injuries. 

I've always made the best choice I've been able to, so in that sense no. There are some cases with the opposing sex I wish I could have handled more wisely, but the wiser courses of action were beyond my capability then.

Of course. I can pinpoint many turning points bad or good in my life at pretty much the exact moment, so I would simply change those bad ones a little bit.

For example: In kindergarten through 6th grade math I was in more advanced math, in 7th grade I randomly got put in stupid math. Easiest A of my life but throughout 8th grade and High School I was always a year or so behind in math from the top math classes. In College I overcompensated and took a math class that was too hard for me and these math classes build up on each other, so it was like a domino affect and my major all depended on this math as well. Had to drop that major of course due to less than stellar grades. So in the end I would change one thing, make sure I was in the most advanced math in 7th or 8th or 9th grade. It wasn't the only problem but still annoys me to this day.

No, everything I have done in my life has led me to where I am today, and I'm very happy and grateful for the life I have now.

Even the stupid decisions that had terrible short term consequences generally had positive long term effects.

Around the Network

yes, i would change who i became friends with at a young age.

Nope. My life has been shit at some point but I don't think I would have had it in my power to change it to something better. Most of my mistakes in life have not have had a big impact on my life. If I'd change something major, chances are I would end up worse than where I am now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

There are somethings where I thought, yes, this was the right choice. Moving from home to where I am now because of the friends I've made. However a couple of things I 'held back from' cost me a lot and it hurt.. a lot. I regret things but I'm not sure how things would have changed if I did go through with them. I might be happier but I wouldn't be as I am now.

Although, do think i made the wrong long term career choice. Web development is crap.

Hmm, pie.