By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you have done things differently in the past?

Hi guys.

I've been recently adjusting the decisions I've been taking and was wondering if you guys regret having taken certain paths in life and if you could go back in time to change certain decisions, would you do so? Though I like my current progress in work, sometimes I wish a few things were done differently on my part when I was a teen or back in college to have advanced myself more sooner than later. 

It doesn't have to be work or school related, it could also be about sports, hobbies, romantic relationships, friendships, basically anything that may have affected your outcome drastically in life. 

Around the Network

No, most of my mistakes, tragedies, or bad breaks have led to epiphanous moments.

I would say yes and no....

See I like where I am now, but i don't like where I was and how I ended up here. If i could change anything it would be that.... but if i do that then i won't be here.

so.... its complicated.

But I believe we all have to go through whatever we go through.... that's our story. And whatever it is that we do go through, could turn out to be a good thing if you approach it the right way.

I would change some of it. It wouldn't just be as simple as me changing who I was or how I thought, but also how my parents thought I should be raised. Quite complicated. If I could change those things, to change some of the past, I would. Not completely, because I am quite happy where I am in my life, but knowing the things I now know, and understanding so much better how life really works, and how other people really think, I could have easily done certain things differently back then to my benefit and ended up close to where I am now anyway.

A big one was woman. I had zero clue how to deal with them. Zero. I didn't get it at all. Just talking to them was enough to give me a heart attack. After my last couple relationships, my eyes were opened wide to the world of woman. Knowing what I know now, I would have had zero problems chatting up the ladies back then and actually getting somewhere. There are many things in life that are mostly smoke and mirrors at first glance.

I also would have bought an XBOX. When I eventually played Halo CE on PC, it blew me away and I never got to experience Halo 2 which sucked. My little bro hogged the PS2 a lot, so it would have been totally worth it.

"If only I knew then, what I know now".

I don't think I would change anything. I made mistakes in the past but I always saw it as a life lesson. Sometimes you have to do something stupid and deal with the consequences to truly learn from them.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I often think about how there's many things I'd like to have done differently, but when I think about it there seems a very strong chance I'd never have met some of my favorite people and, for all I know, I'd have developed into a different person entirely. I love my friends, would hate to lose a single memory of them, and mostly like who I am... so no, I couldn't actually change anything.

I would have taken the wagon, so my 6 year old could have sat in that instead of on my neck when he got tired of trick or treating.

killeryoshis said:

I don't think I would change anything. I made mistakes in the past but I always saw it as a life lesson. Sometimes you have to do something stupid and deal with the consequences to truly learn from them.

What if the mistake led to prison? I've seen guys transform their lives after prison (others not so much) and not one that I've spoken to said they wouldn't change the decisions that led to it. Even though some learned from the experience, it still has an affect on them later on. 

Johnw1104 said:
I often think about how there's many things I'd like to have done differently, but when I think about it there seems a very strong chance I'd never have met some of my favorite people and, for all I know, I'd have developed into a different person entirely. I love my friends, would hate to lose a single memory of them, and mostly like who I am... so no, I couldn't actually change anything.

Yes, but, having taken a different path in life, you can still meet amazing people. It depends on the wise decisions and where it leads. It'd just be difficult to let go of the connected reality we live in had we been given the option to alternate everything. 

Moonlighter said:
killeryoshis said:

What if the mistake led to prison? I've seen guys transform their lives after prison (others not so much) and not one that I've spoken to said they wouldn't change the decisions that led to it. Even though some learned from the experience, it still has an affect on them later on. 

That is an extreme example. Of course I would change my past if I went to prison. Some mistakes have effects that are too hard on you or me.  When I said that I wouldn't change anything I meant the mistakes I made. Not some imaginary scenario.  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.