By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can't believe it's been 10 years

I just noticed that I missed my 10 year anniversary since I became a VGC member. I joined here back on the 3rd October, 2007. Back then Galaxy was hyping up to be one of the best Mario games ever and recovering from the blip that was Sunshine (perspectives may have changed since). Here we are 10 years on and Odyssey is doing the same  if not having a bigger impact on the Mario franchise and Nintendo as a company.

So despite me being here for 10 years, I haven't been as active as some of the other members here. I've mostly been a mainstay on a few threads including the legendary "COMG Japan Preorder Chart Thread" (shoutout to Boutros and the deceased Darth). I feel I've grown and changed a lot since and yet VGC has been one of the few constants during these 10 years.

I find it amazing that these forums still has a lot of the older active users and this absolutely has to do with the wonderful VGC family who have really been instrumental in creating a wonderful dynamic in the forums and obviously to the contributors who put a lot of work in the sales numbers even though they don't really have to. I also owe a lot to this website for having this passion with video games. So to them a salute and I hope I still find here in the future.

And to anyone who doesn't know me, I'm known as Kopstudent or the guy with the Luffy Avi. As you can tell I'm a huge Nintendo fan and I love numbers.

Finally, to the new members, welcome to VGC and I hope you have a great time here like I have so far.

Around the Network

so which thread do we reply in?

sethnintendo said:
so which thread do we reply in?

I messed up . Please reply to this one

Congrats. I can see a lot of 10 year anniversary threads appearing over the next 2 years.

BTW who's darth? is he really deceased or just retired? I seem to remember a poster with that name from years back.

Yupp. 10 years have past extremely fast. Like a blink of an eye. Still remember when I signed up to this site, not knowing that in a decade it will become the one where I remained the most

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Hehe I've been thinking the same thing!

Kerotan said:
Congrats. I can see a lot of 10 year anniversary threads appearing over the next 2 years.

BTW who's darth? is he really deceased or just retired? I seem to remember a poster with that name from years back.

No he's not really deceased, he pops in here from time to time but back in 2010 he was one of the most active here

mZuzek said:
Hey there

Yo

* looks at the date under my name *

God, we're old.

Hmm, pie.

Ten years, huh? Not bad. The 07 generation is said to be the greatest they ever saw in here.