Q2 2019 94 28.40%

Q3 2019 42 12.69%

Q4 2019 71 21.45%

Q1 2020 32 9.67%

Q2 2020 44 13.29%

Never! The Xbox One X has got this! 48 14.50%

Total:331
AnmolRed said:

I don't think the X1X will provide that big of a boost, though a boost will be there on sales, depends on next year's software lineup really, Nintendo can make it a 16-18 million year and overtake them by q4 or q3 2019

Yeah, that boost will only last throughout this holiday season just like the pro. Microsoft better hope their lineup finds a crowd outside of their established install base that can support these mid tier games. They also need to announce halo six a e3 asap. The x won't help a thing when it comes to showing you growth or stability. It will only stop the year from looking dismal.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AnmolRed said:

I don't think the X1X will provide that big of a boost, though a boost will be there on sales, depends on next year's software lineup really, Nintendo can make it a 16-18 million year and overtake them by q4 or q3 2019

Yeah, that boost will only last throughout this holiday season just like the pro. Microsoft better hope their lineup finds a crowd outside of their established install base that can support these mid tier games. They also need to announce halo six a e3 asap. The x won't help a thing when it comes to showing you growth or stability. It will only stop the year from looking dismal.

Problem is I think anyone into Halo already has the platform or at least most people following the franchise, they don't need Halo 6 they need other IPs that would be on the level of a Halo 6 that's what's going to bring people in.

They need to start from the drawing board and build up their first party studios to deliver such titles, Halo and Gears alone aren't going to hold any fort for the brand against the PS4 and Switch.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
flashfire926 said:
Wow, there are people here that don't think X1 won't reach 50M.....I don't know what to say. I am open to an no-risk bet, so Iets bet.

Anyways, I predict mid 2020.

Without credible content the platform will flounder. Their competition is outhustling them in the market and development. They've been getting trounced all year.

i would say all gen

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well I think its safe too assume MS has some big budget exclusives happening, inevitable sequels, but they arent relying solely on 1st party games. Xbox users primarily play multiplats while the exclusives encourage people to get that platform. So I think things are planned even if MS is silent thus far.

X1 is competive with price and has AAA games bundled. Which will be notable this and every Black Friday. X1X is gonna rely on having the best console ports. I imagine that will keep sales steady but we will see.

no one really hyped up Microsoft first party unless it's halo or gears. That's why I'm saying they must step up their game and stop paying these outside devs to make exclusives for them. They need to be self sufficient. If it fails it's just another game on the first party heap they've amassed that failed since their very first gen. They are only brand that doesn't rely on first party and every generation we have to have the same conversation about Microsoft.

Everything you're saying is wrong or maybe you're just using hyperbole, but its fair to argue MS could do more and I'm sure they're evaluating that.

For the record, its become pretty common to pay 3rd parties to make exclusives. Sony excercises that regularly and has gotten notable content from it. And disappointing content like SFV.

As an Xbox user there is certainly more I'd like to see MS doing, but your argument is just ignorant.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Wyrdness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Problem is I think anyone into Halo already has the platform or at least most people following the franchise, they don't need Halo 6 they need other IPs that would be on the level of a Halo 6 that's what's going to bring people in.

They need to start from the drawing board and build up their first party studios to deliver such titles, Halo and Gears alone aren't going to hold any fort for the brand against the PS4 and Switch.

Ive been saying this for years on VG Chartz. I came here a decade ago. Yeah....no dice...Microsoft hasnt grown when it comes to IP's in over a decade. It seems that if they cannot pay a company for them...they just wont properly amass.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
jason1637 said:

I'm not saying the X will save MS or Xbox I'm just saying it should do well enough for them to sell as well as they did last holiday and it should help the Xbox be up YOY for the first few months next year. Also the lineup next year is better than this year so that will help also.

What is their lineup for 2018?
Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Ori 2. Anything else?

First half 2018 is SoT, Crackdown 3, SOD2 and Ori 2 which is way better than First half 2017 which was Halo Wars 2.

jason1637 said:
Hiku said:

First half 2018 is SoT, Crackdown 3, SOD2 and Ori 2 which is way better than First half 2017 which was Halo Wars 2.

Poor voodoo vince :(.

konnichiwa said:
jason1637 said:

Actually bought Voodoo Vince remastered and enjoyed the game/. Id give it a 7.5/10 but im only including games that are getting a retail release.

jason1637 said:
konnichiwa said:

Actually bought Voodoo Vince remastered and enjoyed the game/. Id give it a 7.5/10 but im only including games that are getting a retail release.

Yes....also phantom dust. Rest In Peace to them resurfacing that game 

jason1637 said:
Hiku said:

Halo Wars 2 was pretty rad though. Objectively the best console RTS we've seen this gen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)