Q3 2019 42 12.69%

Q4 2019 71 21.45%

Q1 2020 32 9.67%

Q2 2020 44 13.29%

Never! The Xbox One X has got this! 48 14.50%

Total:331
SKMBlake said:
jason1637 said:

By the end of 2019 Switch is likely to be around 40m while the XB1 should be in the mid range from 40-50m.

According to VGChartz, Xbox One sold 3 millions during the first 9 months of the year. With hollidays, this number can reach 5 or 6 millions but I don't think next year numbers being the same as this year, and at the end of 2019, they will probabely be arround 38-40 millions unit sold.

With the X I think the XB1 will do 4m more by years end bringing it to 7m this year. Next year it should be slightly up with a better lineup and the X then I think it will drop a lot more. 38-40m by end of 2019 will be crazy bad. That means in the next two years it will sell 8-9m.

Around the Network
cutzman25 said:
I say at this rate it will pass the X1 in 2018

Thats too early.... but sometime in 2019 seems a given.

Switch will move 20 million units next fiscal year if they keep up the 1st party output...

...and add Virtual console with Gameboy titles:

https://youtu.be/QGE2uAJ4ZG4

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

My rough guess for XOne would be 45 million by the end of 2019. If the Switch does 15M per year, Q4 2019 does indeed seem like a good prediction.

jason1637 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hence why I said Q4 2019 is when i'd expect the Switch to surpass the One. I expect Microsoft to sell the Xbox in smaller incements as the years go by.

:)

By the end of 2019 Switch is likely to be around 40m while the XB1 should be in the mid range from 40-50m.

Micorsoft has to show their numbers for me to be confident that they are selling but 50 mil by 2019. This is what happens when the compelling new software to turn people's head is low. It's a multigenerational problem that they've never fixed. The reason the Xbox as a brand is more competitive this gen than their first is because they leveled the playingfield on multiplatform games, but still have not fixed the exclusive problem.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
My rough guess for XOne would be 45 million by the end of 2019. If the Switch does 15M per year, Q4 2019 does indeed seem like a good prediction.

Thank you. As they DS draws its era to a close with levels of support the fans know that support will transfer to the switch. As long as the software is there it will continue to sell like a handheld. What Microsoft needs is for the switch to sell like a console.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 31 October 2017

By 2019 we should have a release date for the xbox2 .

Pagan said:

By 2019 we should have a release date for the xbox2 .

i think that's when we will get rumors of the project specs and in 2020 the release date and console will be revealed for a 2021 release. The mid gen refreshes pushed things back. Because of the x, Microsoft really have to think about how much of a leap they want in hardware power. Next gen is going to surpass the general specs of the x which might take a year longer than expected. If you're correct then the x will only have a twin year lifespan and based on Microsofts last console they would've shaved off a year of sales while competing with Sony. Last gen Microsoft kept the 360 running eight years to match Sonys seven. In that time they gave Sony a window of opportunity to catch up in sales.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 31 October 2017

kopstudent89 said:
Judging by X1's sales trajectory, it's definitely a possibility

Yes... this should definitely kill the devils advocate claims who say exclusives don't matter (or matter less). This year has proven there is a correlation between Xbox one sales and lack of compelling exclusive content.

tbone51 said:
Do we even kno x1 numbers? It has to be around 35mil before x1x launches

It's hasn't hit 35 million yet and it's possible that it hasn't even crossed 30 million. My personal range on how much the XB1 has sold thus far (as of the end of September) is 27.85m - 30.14m based on US/WW ratios and estimates from EA & IHS.