By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Shadow Of The Colossus

Never played the original, will definitely buy this!!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Never played the original, will definitely buy this!!

I envy you. 

The PS5 Exists. 

It's one of my favorite PS2 games. I love that a good chunk of Breath of the Wild is inspired by it too. That's likely why I'm so fond of it and think it's the best Zelda by far.

Turkish said:
Kerotan said:
Looked incredible. I'll buy it when it's $20 on sale

Brah, it's already launching at $40

We need to support it so we get more awesomeness like this and the $40 price point Sony is embracing!

I'm sorry but i can't. I already have a backlog of games i got cheap on sale so can't justify buying too much at launch. 

I'll get god of war day 1 next year anyway. 

GribbleGrunger said:

This brings back so many fond memories:

Release in february 2018 = )

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Notice there doesn't seem to be a climbing limit now.

The limit is still there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2gADLBTkcw&t=37s

GribbleGrunger said:
JRPGfan said:
These graphics surprised me... its a old PS2 game, but it sure doesnt look it.

That's because it's not a remaster, it's a remake, in the same vein as RAC.

Not sure if that's the case. Early on they said the graphics were redone but the gameplay is essentially left the same.

While R&C is built from the ground up, completely new visual assets and not using the original code.

We will have to wait and see the final product, but I'm anticipating a remaster much like Halo 1, Halo 2, and Gears of War. Completely redone visual assets but using the original code and only minor changes. For example, Halo 1 Anniversary added split screen campaign which doesn't actually change much in the game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Kowan said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Notice there doesn't seem to be a climbing limit now.

The limit is still there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2gADLBTkcw&t=37s

Damn, it's as if the graphics now is how I saw it the first time I played the game, but it seems to be more beautiful now, I got more hyped just looking at the protagonist riding through the wilderness, oh nostalgia, I might have made a mistake putting TLoU 2 in there instead of this in my most wanted list.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I wouldn't call myself a fan of this game per se, but its a very unique title and was an ambitious title for PS2. Although it ran horribly on PS2 and I eventually played the PS3 version because of that.

If they basically just changed the visual assets, I will likely skip it. I would like to see an Ico remaster of this quality given I never completed it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
I wouldn't call myself a fan of this game per se, but its a very unique title and was an ambitious title for PS2. Although it ran horribly on PS2 and I eventually played the PS3 version because of that.

If they basically just changed the visual assets, I will likely skip it. I would like to see an Ico remaster of this quality given I never completed it.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an ICO remaster either. SotC is better but ICO is also a masterpiece!

SotC on PS4 seems to be also running in 60fps!!! NICE!

Also, dare I even say it I think this outshines Horizon visually. The greatest game ever has never looked more ethereal or beautiful. I'm utterly speechless. I hope every inch of this world is as detailed as what I am seeing. It would also be great if they added additional animals to hunt, etc. Just a few extra things to do so you can get even more lost in the world.