By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Shadow Of The Colossus

Honestly, I would have preferred they wait and release it as a launch title for the PS5. If you don't compare the PS2 version directly side-by-side with the PS4 version, you can barely tell it's a remake. I would have preferred they wait two years until the PS5 and release a game that truly takes a leap in graphics compared the the PS2 version, a version that pushes the then-new PS5 capabilities and becomes a sort of tech demo for the PS5.

Around the Network

Not long ago I was struggling to find a quality YT feed of that beautiful intro sequence to the game. How nice of Sony to just remake it and upload an official one for me. :)

It will have a 60fps mode on Pro. Gribble, put that on the OP please.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/30/16575434/shadow-of-the-colossus-remake-ps4-pro-60-fps

This looks way better than I expected after the announcement trailer.

I wish it showed a little more than just the intro for the game. It looked good though.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:

This is one of my high light in PGW.
The trailer set me in awe! SoTC is a lot better than ICO IMO.

On the side note. I hope Bluepoint will be given a chance to create there own IP.

Gameplay

Looks amazing.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

This is one of my high light in PGW.
The trailer set me in awe! SoTC is a lot better than ICO IMO.

On the side note. I hope Bluepoint will be given a chance to create there own IP.

Gameplay

Very nice indeed.

The PS5 Exists. 

Definitely gonna get this, replayed this more than once.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Kyuu said:
I'd rather less vegetation, more fog and bloom to maintain the original artistic flavour. Looks great otherwise.

Don't forget the artistic cinematic drops to sub 20fps...

I don't agree the fog and bloom were part of the artistic flavour, more to hide the limitations of the hardware. The game is all about vast desolate landscapes, the ps2 simply wasn't up to the task to deliver those kind of draw distances. The bridge visibly popping into existance in pieces was kinda jarring, still the same in the ps3 remaster.

I guess I can run all 3 versions next to each other to compare soon :)

Kerotan said:
Looked incredible. I'll buy it when it's $20 on sale

Brah, it's already launching at $40

We need to support it so we get more awesomeness like this and the $40 price point Sony is embracing!