By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call Of Duty: WWII doesnt work at all without the day 1 patch. The disc is completely useless without the internet

So, in the end, Digital Master Race wins.

Around the Network

So there's no point in ever keeping this in collection is there. I think many games are going to be like this. The old days of completed games died with ps2Xbox gc era. Even final days of ps360 required hefty patches

Rubbish

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So microtransaction-based matchmaking AND a 10 GB day 1 patch?

Yeah, I think I might cancel my pre-order.

shikamaru317 said:

Good on Activision, get so sick of story details being leaked before a game even releases, gets so hard to try and avoid the spoilers. Been trying to dodge Sonic Forces spoilers all week because it leaked early. 

This seems like using a bomb to deal with a stray rat.

OdinHades said:
I remember the same thing happening 13 years ago when Half-Life 2 released. Everyone and their mother was outraged, because the game was not playable without connecting to the internet first. Today nobody cares anymore and it's the standard for PC games. You simply can't play those anymore without connecting at least once to the internet.

I have a feeling history will repeat itself on consoles. =P

It wont repeat itself, because consoles wont be around if that happens, what would be the point in owning a consoles then? One of the big points would be gone.

And neither i think any publisher will find any success with that on consoles, you cant keep charging 60$ for your game and treat it like a free to play title. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Ruler said:

Ehh no, I simple dont buy or play the game. If i wanted to play an MMO i would simple do that and even for free. There is happning too much change recently in what people call ''AAA'' games. 

You really think you're going to make a difference? None of us can change anything. There aren't enough people out there that care. The majority rules with their wallets and for every one of you, there are millions of them.

You can howl and the moon, shake your fists in the air, boycott until you're blue in the face... but nothing's going to change. The only thing that's going to come of it is your own suffering.

Yeah suffering for not getting to play the latest microtransaction infested call of duty? Yes i can change the outcome, by simple not buying and playing the game and enjoy my self with other titles. 

The AAA market is in crisis thats why you see this irrationality, this is the reality. They cant just admit to themselfs that their games morphed into free to play games but they still charge 60$. The fact that so many games flopped recently shows that we make an impact, because a lot of people lost intrerest in gaming, its not just me.